How much is a gallon of gas where you live?
Apr 12, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
It's not a question of Venezuela having a lot of oil -- the state must be subsidizing this.

Yes it is subsidized, it wouldn't if there wasn't a lot of oil to begin with though.

Apr 12, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
$2.96 US a gallon (vancouver, Canada) . Across the border, 10 mins away, its $2.40

Do you still get the larger "imperial" gallons in the Great White North?

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #48 of 60
Actually, we use metric now so all our gas pumps operate in litres. But, when we use Imperial measurement, we still use the British system which has the bigger gallons. So it can get confusing sometimes when converting from metric to imperial.

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #49 of 60
Operation Iraqi Liberation
Seems to have failed, as my gas is over $2.50 a gallon
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #51 of 60
Well, after reading this thread, it makes you realize how lucky we are!!

Gas here is roughly $2.20ish or so. The cheapest I've seen is $2.15. Just a few weeks ago it was only pushing $2.00 flat. I'd hate to see waht the prices will do in another year, but we'll just have to wait.

That said, the prices of air fares is going up, and I was planning on doing some travelling this summer... Oh well.

Apr 13, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Actually, we use metric now so all our gas pumps operate in litres. But, when we use Imperial measurement, we still use the British system which has the bigger gallons. So it can get confusing sometimes when converting from metric to imperial.

Ok if that's the case then it's $7.28 a gallon here in St. Andrews Scotland.

Apr 13, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonhanjk
Malaysia.

USD $1 per gallon.

Damn, I'm buying me a Caddy and moving to Malaysia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back