How much improvement Can I expect from buying a portable AMP/DAC?
Oct 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

masteryd

New Head-Fier
I have been reading a lot of articles about how much feeling that sound is improving you get from portable amps or dacs are placebo effect.

So I ask the experts. 

How much improvement would I get if I hook up my ipod to a ALO RX MK3 B or dacs about this level?

I am using JH16PRO at the moment but if I can get apparent improvements then I'd like to invest in it.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 3
I had a portable setup for quite some time and the only improvements I heard were in the amp section most likely due to better control of the bass and more volume.  I would not expect huge improvements and unless you hear a bunch of hiss or cannot get the volume levels you want a portable amp may not be what you are looking for.

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 3
  I have been reading a lot of articles about how much feeling that sound is improving you get from portable amps or DACs are placebo effect.
So I ask the experts. 
How much improvement would I get if I hook up my iPod to a ALO RX MK3 B or DACs about this level?
I am using JH16PRO at the moment but if I can get apparent improvements then I'd like to invest in it.

I'm assuming you just have the iPod and JH16Pro and nothing else?
You could get good audio quality improvement by buying a FiiO X3 ($200) or iBasso DX50 ($240).
Copy all your audio files over the the X3 or DX50 and plug your JH16Pros straight into them.
Easier to carry around just one DAP (Digital Audio Player) and one set of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back