How Much Headroom Do You Own
Jul 29, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #46 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks - i hope so!

just ordered another bit of HR kit, the DSP for the balanced desktop amp and dac.

thanking you lisnalee -< i could insert this in my sinature ATM eh?
wink.gif

More than happy to help out
cool.gif

I just bought the DPS as well, really looking forward to getting it.

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #47 of 75
Got my order on Thursday - Headroom Desktop Audiophile Package with AKG-K701

Headroom forgot to add the 5 pin DIN connector for connecting the amp to the DPS. I informed headroom on thursday they replied within an hour and I received the cable next day (Idaho isn't far from Montana
biggrin.gif
)

These are really solid amps - which was one of the reasons I got and the other being size and input/output options (it's almost impossible to get amps with such flexibility and still small enough to take along)

Here's my temporary setup in my research lab (University) to enjoy some music between work.
k701smile.gif

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

If I enjoy my experience with this one (though it really burned my pocket from my student funds) I plan to buy Headroom's Portable Desktop Amp for my sister.
wink_face.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #48 of 75
I' really interested in the Case/Travel Bag for the desktop portable. I've got a ton of Headroom Stuff but I've never owned one of their bags. All reported to be high quality, but if anyone has experience with the bag for the desktop portable, let me know.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #53 of 75
Hey all...

I bought some Sennheiser HD-600's and a Headroom Max in October of 1996.

I haven't thought of buying anything since, headphone-wise.

Slarti

edit: It might have been '98 or so. Apparently this gear lasts longer than brain-cells.

Nov 1, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #54 of 75
Hi,
I got my pk1 from headroom and i recently bought the total airhead to go along with them. i also got the minibag which is great fot carrying that rig around.

Nov 3, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #57 of 75
My first real amp since discovering headphones was the Total Airhead (3 battery version).

That was replaced then by the Cosmic.

It has been quite along time since I owned any Headroom product but I just received my latest toy that is burning in at this moment:

Desktop Balanced with DPS.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #58 of 75
Why do you guys think the desktop portable gets so little press and comment on Head-Fi? Good or Bad.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #60 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got their last K-1000.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not the last last last last, because I missed out on that one by the most infuriating of teeny tiny margins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back