How Much Headroom Do You Own
Nov 8, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by slartibartfasst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all...

I bought some Sennheiser HD-600's and a Headroom Max in October of 1996.

I haven't thought of buying anything since, headphone-wise.

Slarti

edit: It might have been '98 or so. Apparently this gear lasts longer than brain-cells.

slartibartfasst, I hear you. I bought the same gear a couple of years after you and must say both companies' products are seemingly bulletproof. I just received a Home Balanced yesterday, though, and as good as the original Max was, I'm absolutely floored by the improvement between the two.

dt880smile.png

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #64 of 75
I have:
Ultra Micro DAC
Ultra Micro Amp
Original Headphone bag with drawcord!
HD600
Etymotic ER6i circa 2000
Cardas 6" IC
One of the original micro system bags

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #65 of 75
Eee....
For Headroom-made stuff, I'm currently at:
Total Bithead
Micro Amp
Ultra Micro DAC

At list price this would be about $1248. Lucky I got that UmDAC on sale.
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #66 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you guys think the desktop portable gets so little press and comment on Head-Fi? Good or Bad.

I'm struggling with the same question. I'm about to buy one, and really would love to have some more input. I've heard from 2 owners, one loves it, one may sell me his...

BigEat, what do you think of yours? Concept is brilliant. If it sounds as cool as the consept, I'll love it.

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #67 of 75
i currently own:
denon ah-d5000
yuin pk1

total airhead
ultra micro amp

mini bag and a sik ram lod cable, all bought from headroom.
i am pretty sure i will by more stuff from headroom in the future(i am already thinking of upgrading to the ultra desktop amp) because of their excelent customer service and also very fine products.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #68 of 75
I currently own an Ultra Micro Amp for the office and an Ultra Desktop for home use. I'll likely end up getting a DPS for home and use the Astrodyne with the amp at the office.

If the Ultra Micro DAC goes on sale again, I'll probably pick one up for the office as well.

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #70 of 75
Total Airhead x2
Micro Amp
Micro Dac x2
Balanced Max

Senn 580
Senn 650
AKG 701
Yuin PK1
Ety 4S

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #72 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the Ultra Micro DAC goes on sale again, I'll probably pick one up for the office as well.

How do you know that items are on sale? Are there announcements made here? If there's a sale on any of the ultra options, especially the ultramicro, I may well jump at it.

BTW, I currently own a MicroAmp with Astrodyne PS, as well as a 10' Cardas Cable upgrade for my HD 650.

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #73 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you know that items are on sale? Are there announcements made here? If there's a sale on any of the ultra options, especially the ultramicro, I may well jump at it.

BTW, I currently own a MicroAmp with Astrodyne PS, as well as a 10' Cardas Cable upgrade for my HD 650.

I kept telling myself I'd get a micro DAC to complete my stack when the last sale was announced in here. Ultra Micro DACs and amps for $200 off their list price. I had to jump on it, and honestly couldn't love it more with my Grados. Warmth, detail and speed are the UM DAC's main attributes, and they are things the 325is crave. Other than Brawndo.

/posting on head-fi drunk. Fun!

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #75 of 75
I own a Headroom Balanced Max Headphone Amp with DAC and Alps Rk 50. I don't care if it is discontinued now, I will love it forever! It will be a rare collectors item in a couple of years.
Scottsmrnyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back