How Much Headroom Do You Own
Jun 17, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #31 of 75
Oh my, I was on board for the first Supreme, back when you could run it with internal AA batteries (ran for about, oh, ten or fifteen minutes as I recall
wink.gif
. You could get custom-made wooden desk enclosures for them back then, but I remember that when I tried to order one, I got a call saying that the guy who made them had broken his back and wasn't building them anymore.

Since then, either new or used Supremes, a Cosmic (briefly, too much club for my source back then), several AirHeads, a Maxxed-Out Home, and a Coda. Now I have BrainSalad's old Desktop with DAC, which he has come to regret selling me but is not getting back!

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #33 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark! /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my, I was on board for the first Supreme, back when you could run it with internal AA batteries (ran for about, oh, ten or fifteen minutes as I recall
wink.gif
. You could get custom-made wooden desk enclosures for them back then, but I remember that when I tried to order one, I got a call saying that the guy who made them had broken his back and wasn't building them anymore.

Since then, either new or used Supremes, a Cosmic (briefly, too much club for my source back then), several AirHeads, a Maxxed-Out Home, and a Coda. Now I have BrainSalad's old Desktop with DAC, which he has come to regret selling me but is not getting back!

Wow, I forgot about the AA battery era. I had the Supreme during the "red brick" 4 D battery era. Which sounded fine, and te batteries lasted a few hours. It was built like a tank though.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #35 of 75
HeadRoom Portable Desktop Amp w/DAC (will trade in for a Desktop Balanced)
HeadRoom Total BitHead (gave to a friend)
HeadRoom Max Desktop Amp w/DAC & Desktop Power Supply -- returned it for a ...
HeadRoom Max Balanced Amp (no DAC), with Fat Pipe/Cardas balanced cabled AKG 701s

I use a SlimDevices Transporter (via XLR) as the source for the HeadRoom Max Balanced Amp -- a match made in heaven.

muski

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #36 of 75
I can't remember all the stuff I've bought from Headroom, but I can say I have a Coda/Overture combo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #37 of 75
Total Airhead x2 from many years ago.
Ety ER4s
Senn 580
Micro Stack 2006
2nd Micro Dac
Senn 650
AKG K701
Senn PX-100 x3
Yuin PK1
ETY ER6i

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #38 of 75
I just bought a Headroom Static. Old School I know. I have been looking for one of these for a while. Can't wait to get it.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #39 of 75
I received my Headroom Serious Audiophile Package yesterday :)
includes:-
Desktop Amp (with Max module and Max DAC)
Desktop Power Supply
AKG K701 (unbalanced)
Optical Digital Cable 3ft.

By the way, they forgot to supply the 5pin DIN end-to-end cable to connect the amp to DPS. I immediately sent them an email and they were very quick to ship them immediately and I am expecting the cable anytime soom (as per FedEx tracking info.)

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #41 of 75
Anyone tried the Headroom Portable cases?

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #42 of 75
new owner here, well in a few weeks when it arrives, bought my first balanced setup from headroom: HR balanced desktop/dac/stepped attenuator

cant wait to hear it!

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried the Micro Stack cases and loved them. I also have the headphone bag, which is nice but I wish it were bigger with a bit more protection. Very well made, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
new owner here, well in a few weeks when it arrives, bought my first balanced setup from headroom: HR balanced desktop/dac/stepped attenuator

cant wait to hear it!

Congrats, you'll love it.

Jul 26, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got the case that goes with the bithead, forget what it is called. the setup works well as long as you jack into the headfone output on the pod and are not trying to use the line out. could be done if you were clever.

also have the headfone bag for my 650's.

both are well constructed. i use a lowepro bag for my port micro d/amp
though. and also a crumpler.

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats, you'll love it.

thanks - i hope so!

just ordered another bit of HR kit, the DSP for the balanced desktop amp and dac.

thanking you lisnalee -< i could insert this in my sinature ATM eh?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back