How much better is the ath ew9 than the ksc75
Jun 4, 2010 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

headphonejunkie

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, my yuin pk2's just broke so I am listening to my ksc 75's and was wondering how much better the Ath ew9's would be to the ksc's .The bass on the ksc's is pretty good with some songs so if the bass on the ew9's is even just as good I may pick up a pair. Any thoughts anyone?

Jun 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes after three years still did not purchase these. My pk2 just got intermittent at the minijack so I am scared to pick up another pair. The ew9's sure are pretty though.I have a month to find a replacement for the pk2's and I can't wear anything big at work. The pk2's sure do sound a lot like my 225's. That is why I loved them but quality is an issue. :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 4
It depends on how you amp them.  I have a reciever here that makes my KSC75s sound full and big and rounded and amazing......and makes me wonder why i bought Grado SR80s.

Properly amped they can compete with $100 phones. Not all amps make it sound this way though. My SS Millet Hybrid driven from an Alien Dac doesnt drive it like my old vintage reciever does.

The reciever is a Realistic STA-2100D , made for RadioShack by Pioneer in the early 1980s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back