How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Oct 2, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #376 of 560
I am interested in upgrading from my LCD2.2 to LCD3 so i borrowed a pair from the store to compare them at home with the LCD2's on my WA6SE.
Within 30minutes of playing them at low and mid levels (Up to 11o clock on my amp) the left driver failed. At first i thought something went wrong with the cable, or perhaps one of the driver tubes failed on my amp. I plugged the LCD2 and all was well, also tried to switch cables between my headphones and the LCD3, sadly with no effect.

Trying to troubleshoot them i found this thread and now i am a little bit worried about their reliability as in the brief time i listened to them i came to the conclusion that i definitely want to buy a new pair of LCD3.

So, my question would be : What SN range/Build date should one avoid, as some of the sealed ones could be old stock, sourcing a 2016 build would make them less prone to failure ?

The ones that failed were built on 30.01.2014

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #377 of 560
  So, my question would be : What SN range/Build date should one avoid, as some of the sealed ones could be old stock, sourcing a 2016 build would make them less prone to failure ?

The ones that failed were built on 30.01.2014

No one really knows if the 2016 models are less prone to failure because there's not much data on those. I can tell you that my current LCD3 made in early 2015 has not failed yet. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

In my experience every new model change is a new broken promise. Eventually the change you need to make is within yourself: your love for the LCD3 sound vs. your expectations for a trouble-free product.

Oct 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #378 of 560
But isn't a bit of a shame that a 2000$ product made in USA is so easy to failure?
From the statistic here more than 50% of the Audeze went at least one time for rma
I have lcd3, I love it, one time rma , what about the consumer satisfaticion and peace of mind ?
They should not respect a limit average of no failure product in the market?

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #380 of 560

So, my question would be : What SN range/Build date should one avoid.

All.

There have been 2015 and 2016 cans that have failed, BAYOR (buy at your own risk).
Great product, poor reliability, Pains me to say it, but those are the facts.

A Hifiman HE1000 can be had on amazon for $2400 and is IMO a better headphone. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #381 of 560
I had to sell mine for cheap, because audeze wanted the full repair cost, for their own manufacturing defect. I will never buy from this company again no matter what they release. I have owned multiple LCD2s, three LCD3s (and all three of them had driver failure), and the Sine. I just do not understand why they would do this to their loyal customers. 

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #382 of 560
Woah thats unfortunate. Ive had excellent services from them so far. But then again like what matthewhypolite said, the HE1000 costs just a little more and is a better headphone. After my second driver failure 3 months ago, i sold my 3s when i got them back and got myself a HE1000, really happy with my decision so far :)

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #383 of 560
Hi, wanna ask for help from head-fi community.

I bought a used Audeze LCD-X which come with 3 years warranty until 08 May 2017. Last week, the left driver died without any warning. The problem is the previous owner lost its purchase receipt. The audio shop said I have to deal with the distributor directly. The distributor said I must provide them with the original receipt. 1 more thing, Audeze warranty is transferable (read that at this forum if I'm not mistaken.).

So, could anyone happens to face this problem before and could give their opinion regarding this.  Thank you in advance.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #384 of 560

I bought a used Audeze LCD-X which come with 3 years warranty until 08 May 2017. Last week, the left driver died without any warning. The problem is the previous owner lost its purchase receipt. The audio shop said I have to deal with the distributor directly. The distributor said I must provide them with the original receipt. 1 more thing, Audeze warranty is transferable (read that at this forum if I'm not mistaken.).

So, could anyone happens to face this problem before and could give their opinion regarding this.  Thank you in advance.

Perhaps you can email Audeze? They should be able to tell from the serial number how old it is.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #385 of 560

Yeah, just get in touch with Audeze (email via their website) to get a RMA form and number.  They will confirm via the serial number the year of purchase, regardless from whom you bought it from.

I had the exact problem with the LCD-3.  Bought it used here from a fellow Head-Fier and Audeze happily fixed it for free.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #387 of 560
In my case, the driver didn't die but the male cable entry pins died on my LCD3F. Early 2015 model. Eventually the glue holding the metal housing where the male pins failed and the whole metal housing detached from the wooden frame. So I had to return it for repair. I didn't have the travel case with me at the time so I sent it without the case, and they returned my LCD3 without a case. I thought they would have some surplus cases from buying in bullk...

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #388 of 560
  In my case, the driver didn't die but the male cable entry pins died on my LCD3F. Early 2015 model. Eventually the glue holding the metal housing where the male pins failed and the whole metal housing detached from the wooden frame. So I had to return it for repair. I didn't have the travel case with me at the time so I sent it without the case, and they returned my LCD3 without a case. I thought they would have some surplus cases from buying in bullk...

Glad to see they got fixed. 

Regarding the case, seeing that they sell their travel cases for $125 on their site, assuming a free one might have been a little optimistic. 
wink.gif

Cheers 

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #389 of 560

It's hard for them, money-wise, to give out free Pelican case everytime
biggrin.gif
.  I've always sent mine in without the case since it adds bulk and thus shipping cost in the end.  Just extra bubble wrapping seems to be sufficient.  

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #390 of 560
Thanks for the comments. I guess then wanting an extra case was maybe a bit too much but I've seen a RMA story on a blog where someone's metal housing had also fallen out. They gave him a free T-shirt and upgraded his earpads (not sure if I can link stuff here). So I thought Audeze customer service was really nice, but I guess not so nice, simply sufficient after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back