How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Dec 9, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #407 of 560
I had a pair of Audeze Sine for 3 days before the swivel busted on the left ear piece. I noticed the metal is that cheap Chinese pot metal. Not encouraging and so far they have not responded to the ticket I opened to get it repaired.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #410 of 560
^ I think it's a bit soon to assess how many times 2016 LCD 3s have been returned to Audeze for servicing compared to older LCD 3s

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #411 of 560
I think there needs to be a new thread about Audeze driver failures in general.

I see an LCD-X for sale that had a failed driver.

I would be very interested to know how far reaching these failures affect their product line.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #412 of 560

​I had a driver failure in my LCD-XC after 6 months of use. It is such a new product it is hard to determine if that driver will see a similar failure rate as LCD-3. Kind of a blessing though since the new drivers were 2016 revision and sound oh, so much better.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #415 of 560
I would really rebuy the LCD 4s maybe after a couple of years when there are truly no failures. The process of sending back to Audeze and getting it through the customs (atleast in Germany) is a pain in the wrong side.

Maybe not relevant but they should also consider reducing the ridiculous weight, shame such an amazingly beautifully sounding headphones put to rest by these issues.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #416 of 560
I would really rebuy the LCD 4s maybe after a couple of years when there are truly no failures. The process of sending back to Audeze and getting it through the customs (atleast in Germany) is a pain in the wrong side.

Maybe not relevant but they should also consider reducing the ridiculous weight, shame such an amazingly beautifully sounding headphones put to rest by these issues.

I'm in the US and it's been a long, drawn out process. It takes a week just to get the RMA.

Expect at least a couple of weeks of down time for driver replacement.

I don't think I will touch another Audeze headphone unless the newer version of the LCD-4 is rock solid.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #417 of 560

You are aware that the magnetic structure that drives the 1.5+ Teslas in this dual sided ortho is what makes them sound so "amazingly beautiful"?  Magnets aren't light unfortunately. While I don't find them comfortable, I don't find them uncomfortable either. For the past 6 months since the changes to the drivers and the added baffle (noted in my review of the LCD-4s), they've been fairly bullet-proof.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #418 of 560

You are aware that the magnetic structure that drives the 1.5+ Teslas in this dual sided ortho is what makes them sound so "amazingly beautiful"?  Magnets aren't light unfortunately. While I don't find them comfortable, I don't find them uncomfortable either. For the past 6 months since the changes to the drivers and the added baffle (noted in my review of the LCD-4s), they've been fairly bullet-proof.

Wouldn't quite agree. The Hifiman's are orthos too, they weigh much lesser and they sound equally "amazingly beautiful" too and yes I know they are not dual sided. But my main problem with them was not the weight but the driver failures. When I spend 2k euros on some product I expect them to work flawlessly for years not in less than 3 years.
And sorry, I may sound like an ass but I wouldn't trust just one review of yours and spend another 4k on something that is "fairly" new. 

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #420 of 560
  Wouldn't quite agree. The Hifiman's are orthos too, they weigh much lesser and they sound equally "amazingly beautiful" too and yes I know they are not dual sided. But my main problem with them was not the weight but the driver failures. When I spend 2k euros on some product I expect them to work flawlessly for years not in less than 3 years.
And sorry, I may sound like an ass but I wouldn't trust just one review of yours and spend another 4k on something that is "fairly" new. 

The Hifimans are a single-sided magnet array (vs. a double fluxor for the LCD-4).  I do find the HE1000V2s more comfortable, but I don't have any issues with the LCD-4s either. I can keep both my head for hours without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back