How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Jul 3, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #347 of 560
I just had my 3rd failure. I've read in one of the later posts that there is a 2016 version. Is there any kind of confirmation from Audeze? I was hoping to get the latest and greatest (or more appropriately least problematic) driver when I send it for replacement.

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #348 of 560
I don't know that there's a 2016 version as such - it may be just how manishex phrased it a month ago. What is sure is that Audez'e identified a film problem and changed supplier in the last few months of last year.

IF they're right, we should expect headphones made in roughly the last 9-10 months to have much fewer failures.

But it's too early to tell.

Jul 3, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #349 of 560
And I think I read that they've added a small gap in-between the pads and housing, similar to the lcd-4. This is so that the drivers don't flex when squeezing the pads on the head.

Jul 4, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #350 of 560
Approx 1 year after replacement, the left driver on my LCD-3 has failed again. :frowning2:

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #351 of 560
Right driver went dead , 8 months after replacement. Was working fine before going on a 2 week vacation. Came back and there was no sound from the right driver after not using it for 2 weeks....2nd failure for me:frowning2:

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #352 of 560
^ Replaced around last November right? That's bad news. For you. And for Audez'e if it's another film failure...

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #353 of 560
Yeap. Still waiting for them to get back to me before sending it over for repairs .

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #354 of 560
I filed a complaint to Audeze on my most recent driver failure. Below is the response and according to them they are confident they have fixed the problem with the latest drivers. I hope that's true when my LCD3 comes back from repairs.I really enjoy the sound of the LCD3 and I haven't heard another TOTL that has convinced me to replace the LCD3. It's good Audeze resets the 3 yr driver warranty on each replacement. Unless a new kid in the block comes to dethrone the LCD3 I can live with the inconvenience.

"We're glad to hear (the distributor) is taking care of you. Let us know if you have any other issues, and do keep in mind that each driver replacement does renew the warranty.

Meanwhile we're working diligently to address any quality issues as they come up, and we feel we've reached the point where prior issues are completely resolved.

Thanks for your continued support!

Chris"

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #355 of 560
I filed a complaint to Audeze on my most recent driver failure. Below is the response and according to them they are confident they have fixed the problem with the latest drivers. I hope that's true when my LCD3 comes back from repairs.I really enjoy the sound of the LCD3 and I haven't heard another TOTL that has convinced me to replace the LCD3. It's good Audeze resets the 3 yr driver warranty on each replacement. Unless a new kid in the block comes to dethrone the LCD3 I can live with the inconvenience.

"We're glad to hear (the distributor) is taking care of you. Let us know if you have any other issues, and do keep in mind that each driver replacement does renew the warranty.

Meanwhile we're working diligently to address any quality issues as they come up, and we feel we've reached the point where prior issues are completely resolved.

Thanks for your continued support!

Chris"

This is referencing the 2016 revisions onward, right?

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #356 of 560
This is referencing the 2016 revisions onward, right?

There was no mention of a 2016 revision. In a previous reply they said each new driver had incremental improvements and they are confident the "current" drivers have resolved the issue.

FYI my previous driver failure was early 2016 so I guess there's more than just one 2016 revision.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #359 of 560
Guessing it also likely took them a while to work through their inventory of drivers with the older film in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back