How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #332 of 560

Just had the left channel die on my LCD-XC (not 3 but still). At least I think so as I have zero sound from the left (tried using multiple sources/cables)? When the driver dies does it buzz or is it completely silent?

Planars typically die to silence. Sorry to hear about your XC!

Just got them back. Audeze turned it around in 1 business day (I shipped them 7 day, they shipped them back 2-3 day). Back in business. I may have even lucked out and got an upgrade if there really is a "2016" revision (had to tell since these are new drivers that are still breaking in). Can't complain (so long as repairing them doesn't become a 2-3 year event). 
beerchug.gif

May 2, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #333 of 560
Wish I had 1 day turn-around. They've had my LCD3F for more than a week; I'm still waiting for acknowledgment that they have it at all.

Mine was purchased new last November, serial #2821XXX. Right-side driver died.

May 3, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #334 of 560
Going by most posters here, and my few experiences their customer service is outstandingly good, it is very strange they haven't responded in 1 week.
As another Headfier above, turnaround in my last Case was 1 day.
If there is no update at Zendesk by Audeze people, and Tracking Number confirms your set was received by Audeze,call them!

May 18, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #336 of 560
Yup, one side goes silent without any warning, no distortion before it dies.
It is always a surprise because normally in order for equipment to fail you have to do something to cause damage, not with Audeze LCD unfortunately.

May 18, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #337 of 560
Yup, one side goes silent without any warning, no distortion before it dies.
It is always a surprise because normally in order for equipment to fail you have to do something to cause damage, not with Audeze LCD unfortunately.

Cool, thanks for the info. International shipping here we go! Not sure how some of you had the patience to do this 5 times.

May 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #338 of 560
Anyone owns an LCD4 that experience similar issues? I'd like to try the 4s, but wondering if the reliability issues have been resolved.

May 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #339 of 560
Been using it for a year now still works perfectly.....Didn't know there were so many people here with failures. But I was always careful to put my cans back to the base, not sure everyone does the same.

May 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #340 of 560
Anecdotally - look back in this thread - there is clear evidence handling is not the issue. Nor is it local climate (e.g. high versus low humidity). OTOH, Audez'e have identified defective (batches of) materials as a cause of failure on more than one occasion...

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #342 of 560
Whelp, crap.  3rd failure in 2 years.  The first happened 6mo in, the second another 6mo after that.  I thought I was in the clear, but now 11 months after the 2nd replacement, I have a failed left driver.  Again.  Always the left.  Not sure what is going on here.  Request sent to Audeze.  Very pissed off.  Will update with their response.

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #344 of 560
  So, poor quality still plagues new replacements?  Disappointing to know.  If to make you feel better, 7 fails in 3 yrs for me...
frown.gif

Someone broke my record? :D

5 here, but i got out on the 5th.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #345 of 560
Very sorry to hear this. Earlier in this thread (October last year) there was discussion about how Audeze had identified a film problem. Your replacement - 11 months ago - must have been around July so...I guess predated their identification of the film issue.

Here's hoping this next replacement is your last and they really did find the cause last September/October...

Whelp, crap.  3rd failure in 2 years.  The first happened 6mo in, the second another 6mo after that.  I thought I was in the clear, but now 11 months after the 2nd replacement, I have a failed left driver.  Again.  Always the left.  Not sure what is going on here.  Request sent to Audeze.  Very pissed off.  Will update with their response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back