How many songs do you have in your music library?
Jun 30, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #136 of 615
10,842 songs, ~98.5% ALAC, ~99.5% legal. Plus about 350 LPs.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #137 of 615
Quote:

I love the disclosure! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #138 of 615
Jun 30, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #139 of 615
Quote:
Quote:

I love the disclosure! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Better watch out for the ALAC Police!
cool.gif
ph34r.gif

Even the "illegal" stuff is paid for, just not sure about the source (allflac.com). I don't believe they are legit so I stopped. But I do have some mp3s from the old Napster days, wish I would have had a better connection back then (dial-up!). I didn't count those because they aren't part of my current library but that would add quite a bit more songs.

Plus I have a couple of friends that I share cloned HDD libraries with (off-site backups for demonstration purposes only!), if I counted that as well I could probably double my current total. But I'm not very into their music or the low-quality Napster mp3s so they're not in my library. Really they're just stray 1's and 0's, if I permanently deleted them I'd never even miss them.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #140 of 615
Quote:

Even the "illegal" stuff is paid for, just not sure about the source (allflac.com). I don't believe they are legit so I stopped. But I do have some mp3s from the old Napster days, wish I would have had a better connection back then (dial-up!). I didn't count those because they aren't part of my current library but that would add quite a bit more songs. Plus I have a couple of friends that I share libraries with (off-site backups for demonstration purposes only!), if I counted that as well I could probably double my current total. But I'm not into their music or the low-quality Napster mp3s so I don't. Really they're just stray 1's and 0's.

Napster and dial-up, oh man that's classic
beerchug.gif
"Get off the phone!"
mad.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #143 of 615
60,140 tracks, all FLAC lossless on my server.  I use an Adaptec hardware RAID card with three 1.5 TB  drives in RAID 5 to provide redundancy.  I also maintain 2 copies on backup USB 3.0 hard drives, one of which is kept off-site.

Aug 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #147 of 615
I now have 415 GB of flac rips. That's a crazy number to me. My biggest problem is deciding what to listen to and justifying new purchases to myself. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #148 of 615
Quote:
you should try this 
http://www.sky.fm/
they are very good, hey you use yahoo radio ?(the one that came with yahoo messenger). i think last fm took over it 

Hey thanks!  I'll give it a whirl. :)
And I used to use it way back but haven't used it since then.  I had stopped listening to a lot of radio up until recently.  Plus, I've also grown an interest in podcasts, so I've been listening to a few of those from iTunes. :)

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #149 of 615
Justifying buying new music is stupid easy for me. 

'I spent this much on my gear I can spend $5 or $10 on a CD.'

Works every time. :wink: LPs are a little harder because I don't actually have my damn turntable right now, but that'll change soon.

Quote:
I now have 415 GB of flac rips. That's a crazy number to me. My biggest problem is deciding what to listen to and justifying new purchases to myself. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #150 of 615
I've been ordering a lot from half.com. Most of the cd's are about .75c plus $3.00 for shipping. They are used of course but I haven't had one single problem with playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back