how many people on head fi are female?
Jun 12, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

sinphase

100+ Head-Fier
I was just reading the, "what do your kids think of audiophilia" thread and it sort of seems that there are more male audiophiles than females. From what I've seen taking public transportation, I mainly see guys using high end headphones, not that I see too much people using good headphones in the first place, beats seem to be everywhere! 

Where are all the ladies? 

I'm a girl just fyi. 

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 115

Gal here. Still working on the men in my life to get with the program :)
Gave hubby -MTPC, my brother -Turbines, my 14 yo nephew is next

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 115
Haven't met a lot of women audio engineers either.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 115
There are exactly 7.35 females on head-fi. I know 2 female aspiring audio engineers, its too hard a profession stick to mechanical thats only 11/10 difficulty scale.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 115
Quote:
There are exactly 7.35 females on head-fi. I know 2 female aspiring audio engineers, its too hard a profession stick to mechanical thats only 11/10 difficulty scale.

So who exactly is only 35% female?  More importantly, what's the other 65%?

Male? Machine? Monster? God?

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 115
Maybe you should do a poll or something?

I would guestimate that no more than 20% of members here are female. It is probably even less in the real world just based on the number of women I've actually encountered with high end audio equipment (which is 0).

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #11 of 115
There used to be this one female user on here called Germania. I ran across a lot of posts from her on the older threads while doing research. She seems pretty into the hobby then for whatever season she got banned. Wonder what happened for her to get banned?

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #12 of 115
In last month or so I've seen 4 peope besides me on street or bus with full size headphones - 2 guys and 2 girls. Oh, I also saw this one dude with some cheap Creative headphones this morning but that doesn't count. 

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #13 of 115
all you have to do is connect sennheiser earbuds to a prada purse = marketing gold.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #15 of 115
There used to be this one female user on here called Germania. I ran across a lot of posts from her on the older threads while doing research. She seems pretty into the hobby then for whatever season she got banned. Wonder what happened for her to get banned?
We do not discuss bans or the reasons behind them at Head-Fi. Administrative action is strictly between the Head-Fi Staff and the member involved. You can read more about our rules and policies in the TOS and FAQ. People get banned for repeatedly violating the rules. Warnings are given before bans are given. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or anyone else on Staff.

As for this thread, there are a number of women at Head-Fi. However, everyone is welcome here and I don't like to make distinctions as to gender, race, nationality, or anything of the sort. This is a place for people who love headphones and music. Anything else doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back