How many other people have spent way more than they should because of Head-Fi.
Dec 2, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #32 of 60
haha brilliant pic, and i also agree that most headfiers are very nice, and i nhave yet to have a problem with this forum, very helpful friendly guys. Keep it up.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #33 of 60
I joined less than a month ago in search for good headphones and ended up spending WAY more than I had planned or even could dream I would on audio. In a span of 2 weeks, bought my first headphones Shure SRH840s, then bought Triple Fi 10s, and the Klipsch x10s, bought a used receiver, a pair of Polk speakers, a brand new subwoofer, wire and cables and adapters..
I'm scared to add it all up. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #34 of 60
I joined a while ago when I got my HD595's, recently I've started looking at how I can improve things.

Now thinking about a DAC and amp to go with the 595's and HF3's. Not sure how much that'll cost!

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #35 of 60
Since I've joined Head-Fi, I've gotten stuff for free.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #37 of 60
Lurking since the beginning of the year. I bought a pair of Klipsch S4 ($80), Shure SE215 ($100), Ultrasone HFI-580 ($150), and a Cowon J3 16 gb ($180). Now I just joined to post about the Drm Earz Aud-5x ($570) and am going to receive them in about two weeks. Just over a grand and I'm still looking for other things.
blink.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #38 of 60
Almost 9 years here on HF

Spent many $1,000's.  Don't even want to add it up.  It becomes an addictive hobby.  At the same time it provides hours of euphoria and enjoyment from order point to anticipation of receipt to initial listening, etc...

I've learned what good sound is.   I've learned what I like in a "sound" (this actually takes years IMHO) and there is tremendous satisfaction knowing you are listening to your favorite music on "gear" that makes the presentation better than what 99.9% of the general public is listening on.  Some have no clue how good the sound could be and sound couldn't care less.

The most frustrating or wasteful part of the journey is buying same IEM's multiple times.  Almost 1/2 of what I have spent on HF has been multiple purchaes (or going back) to a great IEM.  I've bought some IEM's 3 times.

It's all really relative to a person's discretionary spending budget.

To this day, had my JH16's NOT had a imbalance issue, I THINK my journey would have ended there but it has not.  Currently very content with my TF10's and JH5's.  Having gone all the way to the top I can confidently say it doesn't get all that much better than my current set-up.  When I think of "portable" listening in the late 80's with cassette Sony "walkmans" (which was an audio revalation/milestone in its own regard) and $10 earbuds....what we have now is literally 10-20 times better in every regard.  I love it!

Among every IEM purchased in my history...JH5's are probably the best investment as far as a whole package (and I've owned JH13 and JH16).  Well worth every penny I spent ($25 for impressions +$375 for JH5).

Having said that....when I come across a bundle of $$ I am thinking about UE11 or UE18.  heh..heh...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #39 of 60

Quote:
Lurking since the beginning of the year. I bought a pair of Klipsch S4 ($80), Shure SE215 ($100), Ultrasone HFI-580 ($150), and a Cowon J3 16 gb ($180). Now I just joined to post about the Drm Earz Aud-5x ($570) and am going to receive them in about two weeks. Just over a grand and I'm still looking for other things.
blink.gif

Ooh. You have the S4s and the SE215s! How do they compare to each other, especially in sub-bass?

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #40 of 60
@alexm23

I am no expert by any means but the S4 has the quantity while the SE215 has the quality when comparing the two's bass. If I had the chance I would have just bought the SE215 as it is less fatiguing than the S4's V signature and the SE215 fits my ear perfectly. As of now, the SE215 is what I use when I commute and use for daily tasks and the S4 serves as my workout and abuse iems.

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #42 of 60
The earpads on my 15 year old headphones went flat, so I thought I'd check out Head-Fi. Big mistake. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mistake. The music does sound awesome now though. 
o2smile.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #43 of 60
My audio rig is worth more than twice as much as my car lol. If I told myself 2 years ago what I was going to spend on headphones I would've called myself insane. But I can't help it, it sounds so gooooood! It's so addicting, it's like a damn drug haha.

I don't mind spending as much as I do though, since I know I can get most of my money back if I need to by selling it.
Somehow my family doesn't understand this concept of buying and reselling stuff. They think it's all a waste of money. They'll kill me if they find out what all my audio stuff actually costs so I just won't tell them to keep the peace. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #44 of 60
Count me in. I have spent $1533 since December 2010. I could have bought a killer gaming rig for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back