How many of you started off with Sony phones before you knew about Head-Fi?
Oct 25, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #16 of 49
I started with some realistic earbuds somewhere early nineties and some senn MX350 & 450 buds later... and my first 'real' headphone was the senn HD497.

But the first set I really liked was the Sony MDR-D66SL eggo.

I have since then had senn p(m)x100, KSC75, A900, SR-60, MS2i and of those I still use the MS2i, SR-60 AND the D66SL
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #18 of 49
Yup; Sony Phones came with the Wifes PCDP that she gave to me when she got her iPod. Then she stole my KSC75s for said iDevice....but that's another story.

Anyway; yup indeed; Sonys' for a bit till I found this evil place. But now, I'm again looking at Sony for some tough V6 for the rough little kids that share my stuff.
blink.gif

Yup.....full circle!

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #19 of 49
I went through about 5 sets of MDR-ED228LP's, i loved them, wish i could get them now. The new bigger shape of the ED21 is rubbish and uncomfortable

then got the EX-70 about a month after their release which must have been 7-8years now

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #20 of 49
Funny thing is I started off with HD-555 when I finally decided to buy some nice headphones before i ever knew about head-fi. I always knew Sennheiser made nice headphones cause of the ones I used to use at a radio station my father worked at. Then I joined here and HD580 and AKG sextett are my babies now.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #22 of 49
I started off with the E888s many years ago purely because they were the most expensive buds Sony offered at the time.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the longest time I listened to Sony MDR-V6s. Not bad for the price. Now I listen to Qualias! (Head-fi will do that to you.)

Same here, the v6's were fine coming out of a Sony amp from the late 70's. Now I've got Edition 9's, among others.
tongue.gif
Let's not even talk about the rest of our equipment.

Thanks headfi. I'm sorry about my wallet.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A question to the OP, Do you think people move away from Sony once they discover 'audiophile' quality headphone sound?
I can't help but think you are insinuating that Sonys are of a sub-par quality?

I'm sure some members are snobbing the Sonys. Look at the threads about Sony and almost everytime you will see members getting flammed for sharing their appreciation of Sony headphones. It's similar to the treatment reserved for Bose on this forum.

But when you see professional at work in studios most are using Sony's gear. I wonder if they do this to produce "sub par" recordings and products that people listen to with their "Higher Level" headphones quality or if the pros use Sony's headphone cause they are quality issue.

regards,

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #25 of 49
Yep mdr-ex51lp if I remember right, at the time they sounded really good..
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure some members are snobbing the Sonys. Look at the threads about Sony and almost everytime you will see members getting flammed for sharing their appreciation of Sony headphones. It's similar to the treatment reserved for Bose on this forum.

Finally, someone who understands.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #29 of 49
I think my first headphones were made by David Clark. My second pair of headphones were made by Koss, my third, Sennheiser. This was back in the 60's before Sony knew what headphones were. I've owned many pairs of Sony's since then.
580smile.gif
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back