HOW MANY OF YOU LISTEN TO YOUR YUINS MORE THAN YOUR FULL SIZE HEADPHONES?
Oct 28, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #17 of 62
Posted by Aimless1
".... but they certainly sound like crap compared to the headphones I have listened to and/or own. That's why you got funny looks when you offered them for a listen."

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! The way you put that was a little mean but funny as hell!

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by suzuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
many people favour their yuins over their headphones, read the appreciation thread.

Ok, so whats the point of this thread then?
floatsmile.png

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posted by Aimless1
".... but they certainly sound like crap compared to the headphones I have listened to and/or own. That's why you got funny looks when you offered them for a listen."

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! The way you put that was a little mean but funny as hell!

i got funny looks ok, most of them never heard the yiuns.
but after i listened to expensive stuff i was funny looking on the inside, lmao.
and telling myself, man how much is this stuff worth?
just my nano and pk2 blows most of the stuff away, can only hope the pk1 sound better when i get em.

seriously but, i think i lot of people get caught up in the hype from this site about this being amazing and that, that they really forget to listen and see if the stuff actually gets them movin/groving, singing, not just taping your feet to a bass beat. just because an amp, especially portable makes a different sound don't make it better. most of them don't produce a balanced sound.

people bash ipod headphones but i think even they are better than some of the stuff i heard that cost hundreds.

i've been to hundreds of concerts, lots of live music and have a home speaker system worth 15 grand so i know what music sound like!

ask yourself does your stuff make you want to sing and dance, if it doesn't get something else!

probably should have called the post, is head-fi stuff too expensive or over hyped?
you guys are lucky you have some cool dyi people who can help you out!

i never really mean to downgrade other people's stuff but you young fellas gotta watch how you spend your money or it can get out of hand.

by the way those who let their yuins go before they burn in are missing out.
icon10.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

i got funny looks ok, most of them never heard the yiuns.
but after i listened to expensive stuff i was funny looking on the inside, lmao.
and telling myself, man how much is this stuff worth?
just my nano and pk2 blows most of the stuff away, can only hope the pk1 sound better when i get em.

seriously but, i think i lot of people get caught up in the hype from this site about this being amazing and that, that they really forget to listen and see if the stuff actually gets them movin/groving, singing, not just taping your feet to a bass beat. just because an amp, especially portable makes a different sound don't make it better. most of them don't produce a balanced sound.

people bash ipod headphones but i think even they are better than some of the stuff i heard that cost hundreds.

i've been to hundreds of concerts, lots of live music and have a home speaker system worth 15 grand so i know what music sound like!

ask yourself does your stuff make you want to sing and dance, if it doesn't get something else!

probably should have called the post, is head-fi stuff too expensive or over hyped?
you guys are lucky you have some cool dyi people who can help you out!

i never really mean to downgrade other people's stuff but you young fellas gotta watch how you spend your money or it can get out of hand.

by the way those who let their yuins go before they burn in are missing out.
icon10.gif

Essentially you just killed credibility and showed that you have a very unique different taste and perception of sound.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #22 of 62
LOL!
I certainly have to agree on the part on ibuds.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was my primary flag lol

when i first heard the 1g shuffle with the buds that came with it i was shocked at the great sound that came in such a small package, buy the way if it wasn't for the decent sound of the ibuds and the good sound of the ipod half of us wouldn't even be here!
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

when i first heard the 1g shuffle with the buds that came with it i was shocked at the great sound that came in such a small package, buy the way if it wasn't for the decent sound of the ibuds and the good sound of the ipod half of us wouldn't even be here!
wink_face.gif

I and the person above me are obviously far from that half. I despise apple and everything it stands for. iBuds are utter crap.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I and the person above me are obviously far from that half. I despise apple and everything it stands for. iBuds are utter crap.

hey! crap is offended!
k701smile.gif

Not everything made by apple is evil - previous generation ipods were more than decent, and I still love their comps.

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

wink_face.gif

Actually, thats IMO, probably the opposite of why we are here. I would take a guess that the reason most of us portable users are here on head-fi is because the iPod and iBuds SQ is TERRIBLE and we thought there must be something we can do to improve it. Hence the imod, self diy ipod mods, custom ipod LODs, portable headphone amps, IEM/portable headphone discussions, etc. If the iBuds and iPod were really that good, most of us wouldn't have a need to come here to discuss other options and wouldn't feel the need to spend hundreds to improve the sound. I have nothing against Apple as I do have a MBP (the only laptop model I'd actually buy) and a Ipod. Just the argument that the ibuds and ipod alone offer decent sound, IMO, seems wrong to me (heard the ibuds out of my ipod once, threw them in the trash and ordered something else)

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #29 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, thats IMO, probably the opposite of why we are here. I would take a guess that the reason most of us portable users are here on head-fi is because the iPod and iBuds SQ is TERRIBLE and we thought there must be something we can do to improve it. Hence the imod, self diy ipod mods, custom ipod LODs, portable headphone amps, IEM/portable headphone discussions, etc. If the iBuds and iPod were really that good, most of us wouldn't have a need to come here to discuss other options and wouldn't feel the need to spend hundreds to improve the sound. I have nothing against Apple as I do have a MBP (the only laptop model I'd actually buy) and a Ipod. Just the argument that the ibuds and ipod alone offer decent sound, IMO, seems wrong to me (heard the ibuds out of my ipod once, threw them in the trash and ordered something else)

no, ibuds/ipod are not terrible.
what i mean is the small size/good sound and capacity was probably the stepping stone for half of the people on here.
yeah sure there was a very small minority including myself carrying around tape decks with headphones and that wasn't very often, but since the ipod came it introduced many to good portable sound and then people say wow can it get better, not that it was crap.
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #30 of 62
I started from the sony hpm-70 with sony-ericsson phones and i was impressed with the sound then, but never was impressed when i heard the ibuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back