How many of you have tinnitus?
Aug 26, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #152 of 205
I have it due to some kind of strange ear infection. It's usually a relatively quiet, super high pitch  but sometimes it gets louder and/or I get lower buzzing, clicking and what feels like spasms way inside my ear. I went to 3 doctors, general, audiologist and an ENT. I took some kind of steroids for a week that succeeded only in making the ringing worse, and making me feel like my heart was going to explode in my chest along with the arteries in my neck while simultaneously having a panic attack. I felt like I was on the verge of going insane for a couple days straight.  I've had the ringing for months now and am told it's most likely permanent at this point.

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #154 of 205
Let me second the concept of "not listening to your tinnitus".

I went to my first live musical events in many years last week, and because I was so drawn into the visuals on stage, my tinnitus didn't even register at all.  I didn't even notice it once during the performances, whereas within a few minutes of firing up my headphone rig or my big stereo to "listen critically", the tinnitus appears. 

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #155 of 205
My experience has been that I don't notice my tinnitus unless I'm in a really quiet area or actively thinking about it, otherwise it doesn't even register for me. I think my case is rather mild, though.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #156 of 205
It has to be real quiet but I notice it then, can become annoying if you can't nod off.
Has not gotten any worse from memory though and made me consider volume and protecting my ear's at work.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #159 of 205
Anyone ever have 2 different tones of tinnitus going at the same time?  

Happened to me last night and OMG was it infuriating.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #160 of 205
Mine is just one tone throughout. Infuriating enough. The difference coming from different ears?

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #161 of 205
Mine is just one tone throughout. Infuriating enough. The difference coming from different ears?

Same ear.  Different "volume" levels.  I think it's because I'm getting a cold.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #162 of 205
I allways had a small amount since I can remember, but I learn to live with it. Only noticed it at night, in silence...

Love music, hear allot of music also. Had many in ears like sony mdr-ex500, shure e2c, shure se210..., and AHT-M50X headphones. 

Bought some OPPO PM-3 two weeks ago, which I used at low levels but for something like 4h each day, except on weekend. This last weekend OMG: Tinnitus on my left ear worse than ever. I hear it all. The. Time. 

Now sending those beautifull phones back. Never experienced anything like this with my previous in ears. Saw a post about someone who experienced the same but with some HD600. 

Hope I go back to "normal".... :frowning2:

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #163 of 205

My tinnitus started ringing 12 years ago, after I had been working in very stressful manner in a very loud environment. It was a medium level high pitched noise.
I noticed it getting louder if I drank coffee, after hard exercise, psychological stress or after listening to some headphones (less with other headphones or IEMs).  But after a few days of calmness it always went back to original levels. I had no problems with it at all. Since about a year, I drink more coffee more regularly and the basic volume level is noticeably louder, and after listening to most headphones and IEMs it gets really loud. Now it is somewhat bothersome. I can enjoy listening to music as much as before, but I tend to think twice about putting the headphones on. I still think that in a worst case I can drop coffee-drinking and/or headphone-listening, and then the volume level would sink again. But overall I feel a bit uncomfortable about it right now.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #164 of 205
I am back. I got my tinnitus about two years ago while listening to my brand new HD700 probably too loud for a too long time at once. The beginning of tinnitus and the first months were horrible, the worst of my life. After some 3-4 months or so I started to feel better and cope with it. I lost my passion to hifi and sold my HD700s and re-purchased HD600s, because of their soft sound. About a month ago I started to listen to music with headphones again. I still have tinnitus in my left ear, which bothers me rarely during the days, but every night it is a companion I wish I didn't have. Now I am thinking about auditioning some head-fi gear again... maybe AKG K712 and O2 amp+dac is already on it's way... :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #165 of 205
  I am back. I got my tinnitus about two years ago while listening to my brand new HD700 probably too loud for a too long time at once. The beginning of tinnitus and the first months were horrible, the worst of my life. After some 3-4 months or so I started to feel better and cope with it. I lost my passion to hifi and sold my HD700s and re-purchased HD600s, because of their soft sound. About a month ago I started to listen to music with headphones again. I still have tinnitus in my left ear, which bothers me rarely during the days, but every night it is a companion I wish I didn't have. Now I am thinking about auditioning some head-fi gear again... maybe AKG K712 and O2 amp+dac is already on it's way... :)

One thing that helps me at night is to create a little white noise by running a fan.  I have a ceiling fan, and the motor produces a tiny hum that actually counteracts the tinnitus.  Granted, my tinnitus is not severe, but it might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back