how many of you guys cook???
Mar 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #1,324 of 3,876
As much as I like to eat, I like to cook.
normal_smile%20.gif

Especially Austrian, French, Bohemian, Italian, Japanese and German cuisine.

I've got some old cookbooks (from the 18th and 19th century), some modern ones from the 1950s and 1960s, some very very modern ones from today and some from regional parts of France and Germany.

Cooking is fun.

I try to use only organic (German: bio) ingredients.

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #1,326 of 3,876
Quote:
James Beard has a great recipe for roasted goose, and it's real simple. It's a fatty bird, so what he recommends is to smash up a bunch of garlic cloves (don't even need to peel them), put them in cheesecloth (or in my case an odd clean tube sock
tongue.gif
), and stuff it in the roasting cavity loosely snug, then roast the stuffed goose as usual. The garlic soaks up the excess fat, and the goose is flavored with roasted garlic. You could add a rosemary sprig or three for a bonus but it's not in the recipe, just a little s&p and I think some butter inside and out.

wow grokit, best use of audiophile paraphernalia in the kitchen so far! :wink:

but as for goose fat, I love to keep it - I scoop up the clean parts and freeze them. then any time a recipe calls for a little butter, I have this stuff on hand...

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #1,327 of 3,876
My butcher was finally able to procure me some real thymus sweetbreads!  The shop usually only carries pancreas, which I don't care for as much. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,328 of 3,876

Quote:
My butcher was finally able to procure me some real thymus sweetbreads!  The shop usually only carries pancreas, which I don't care for as much. 

Awesome! Hold onto that butcher. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #1,329 of 3,876

There's nothing like a healthy and tasty breakfast to start the day!

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #1,331 of 3,876
I cook and I'm in a detox right now but it's hard because i keep on wanting meat. T_T;;

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #1,335 of 3,876
I cook but I don't get that fancy and I'm not that good. I don't care to improve right now but I am interested in learning more and improving sometime in the future.

Today for dinner I cooked some pork with onions. I chopped the pork up into small pieces (cubes), chopped up some onion, cooked the pork and onion together in a pan with a little EVOO, then I put it in a wrap with a lot of cheese. Yummm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back