how many of you guys cook???
Oct 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #1,141 of 3,876
^ beautiful

Important for me in case of scrambled eggs is also to use butter in stead of oil.

I'll try with water instead of milk next sunday...

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #1,142 of 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dont "scrape and stir" until the eggs are at least 1/3 cooked, the key is to avoid any excess stirring to keep the chunks on the large side rather than break the mixture up into small bits.

This is key.  My trick is to wait until there's a cooked bottom layer, then lightly scrape a spatula under it and lift it up.  Then tilt the pan towards you, so that the runny eggs on top go into the space between the pan and the layer of cooked solidified eggs.  Then let it cook for a bit, rinse and repeat.  Only break them apart at the very very end.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #1,144 of 3,876
I guess since it is my current profession I would have to say I do.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #1,145 of 3,876
Just put a lemon meringue pie in the oven.
looking forward to dessert now :]
There would be pics, but Its food, it's meant for eating, not taking pictures of, and my cameras a bit moody, and won't turn on, despite charged batteries.

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #1,146 of 3,876

Made some for breakfast this morning. I put the cheddar on top this time and it looks better presentation wise. I prefer to just add it while its in the skillet though, I think it taste better. There are no set rules how to make something, make it however you want. Be creative. 

On the right is a popular Hawaiian breakfast dish consisting of portugese sausage, spam, eggs, and rice. Something I ate growing up. I still make it quite often and only takes a few minutes. They serve it in all McDonalds in Hawaii. 

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,148 of 3,876
Yeah, spam is pretty much a local delicacy. And it goes great with almost anything like rice, ramen, etc. Some people won't eat it though because they think it's gross, but I Iike it. Next time you buy some, I recommend getting the Hot n' Spicy, it's even better! 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #1,149 of 3,876
I like Spam, too.

I don't have it terribly often (I cut out processed foods in '08) but like Big Macs, I still enjoy it now and then.

Spam has a bad rep, but it's about the same as any pork and delicious when sliced and fried.

Knocking off processed food was more of a health than taste thing, anyway. I've adjusted, but still like some of the old stuff now and then.

Which reminds me, when I lived in Salem, Oregon, a local shop served Spam musubi. Delicious.

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,150 of 3,876
Here's some homemade nutmeg whipped cream:

I wonder what this is going on...

Still a bit warm; it will firm up overnight in the fridge:

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #1,151 of 3,876
Cook the same thing everyday.

Breakfast and lunch: 
egg sandwich (2 eggs)
Random vegetables inside depending on stock
1 whole raw Cucumber
cheese

Dinner:
200ml of quinoa
Chicken breast
Salsa
Asparagus and mushrooms steamed with the quinoa
Mozzarella cheese slices

Healthy and efficient.

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,152 of 3,876

Quote:

Healthy and efficient.

Doesn't that get horribly boring, especially as the only meat your eating is chicken? (the least flavoursome of all meats imo)

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #1,153 of 3,876
For eggs don't add salt until they are mostly or totally cooked. The salt can denature the proteins and change the texture.

edit: Forgot to add that most of our grocery stores carry maple flavoured bacon. Also maple flavoured baked beans. You can even buy maple flavoured beer....
I am NOT endorsing any of this stuff though. Scrambled eggs and bacon (maple or otherwise) are fine, but I'd trade it for a breakfast of roti canai with chicken curry and roti bom any day (everyday) of the week.

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #1,154 of 3,876

Breakfast and lunch: 
egg sandwich (2 eggs)
Random vegetables inside depending on stock
1 whole raw Cucumber
cheese

Dinner:
200ml of quinoa
Chicken breast
Salsa
Asparagus and mushrooms steamed with the quinoa
Mozzarella cheese slices

Healthy and efficient.

I don't quite call that cooking, just saying.

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #1,155 of 3,876

Quote:
Doesn't that get horribly boring, especially as the only meat your eating is chicken? (the least flavoursome of all meats imo) 

My tastebuds are low maintenance.

Quote:
I don't quite call that cooking, just saying.

It's what I eat on schooldays, can't really "cook" by your standards due to time constraints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back