how many of you guys cook???
Sep 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #1,097 of 3,876

Quote:
I cook, but I'm not an exceptional cook or anything.  I don't use recipes, but I put stuff in and food comes out.  Most of the time people will recognize what it is.

Edited to describe my own culinary background.  I do qualify for knife-fi though, thanks to my wife buying me some Globals.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #1,101 of 3,876
I cook, because My mum is vegetarian and hates cooking meat, that gave me an incentive to learn to cook from a young age (about 12) so I can cook fairly well, and do quite often, although, my brother is back from uni, and is much better than me, so I've been watching him cook, and hopefully learning some more...

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #1,103 of 3,876
Quote:
Here's the apple pie and cinnamon ice cream (all from scratch):

Wow, your my kind of family homesteader. So much healthier to make everything from scratch, and the taste is 1 million times better, wouldn't you say so? Compare to come crappy ice cream and maybe even Hagen Daz

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #1,104 of 3,876
Quote:
Wow, your my kind of family homesteader. So much healthier to make everything from scratch, and the taste is 1 million times better, wouldn't you say so? Compare to come crappy ice cream and maybe even Hagen Daz

Yeah, I love to cook and bake from scratch.  It's a lot of fun and you know exactly what's going into the food you're eating, plus it's a pretty good skill to have.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #1,109 of 3,876
Haha, wish I could :) Currently, limited to cold arrangements and simple pan searing.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #1,110 of 3,876
those pizza's look fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back