how many of you guys cook???
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #1,396 of 3,876
Jun 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #1,398 of 3,876
Thanks! I don't deep fry much. It creates a nice crispy crust on the chicken pieces and a mess in my kitchen. But it is worth it. Next time I'll do a boneless skinless chicken-fry like Japanese Chicken Karaage but I'd make it with the Soy Ginger Glaze that goes on Korean Fried Chicken Wings, yes? And top it off with a Belgian brew.

Yes, soy - ginger sounds far more appealing than sweet chili. Of course I'm not a big fan of sweet chili sauce so that factors in. I usually favour darker ales, but Shocktop is great stuff! I buy it up here in pint cans. Can't wait to make some fried chicken now. And last Thursday I scrubbed out and packed up our deep fryer. So thanks for posting that tempting picture. :mad:

In fact, the last thing I made with the fryer was some gan bian si ji dou - basically Sichuan dry fried green beans. I make em whenever I do french fries for the kids.

And I cheat - instead of dry frying, I deep fry for a few quick moments.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #1,399 of 3,876
^ I love szechuan cuisine. If I remember correctly, that dish is called 4 season string bean w/ minced meat. I get that sometimes. :wink:

I think it's usually stir fry though, not deep fried. (ahh nvm, i see ur comment at the end there.)

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,400 of 3,876
These recently posted foods look fantastic!

Quote:
but Shocktop is great stuff!

Anheuser Busch practically copied Blue Moon's Belgian White, which should come to no surprise, as it's another Coors versus Anheuser battle, but Anheuser failed.  If you like Shock Top, try Blue Moon, I find it to be a bit better.  Make sure to dunk a slice of orange in there.  On Beeradvocate.com Blue Moon got a 88, Shock Top only a 69.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #1,401 of 3,876
Here's my pork chop chicken breast pork chop au jus soup bowl.

biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #1,402 of 3,876
Here's my pork chop chicken breast pork chop au jus soup bowl.

Sure, but what about some protein? :wink:

...Anheuser Busch practically copied Blue Moon's Belgian White, which should come to no surprise, as it's another Coors versus Anheuser battle, but Anheuser failed.  If you like Shock Top, try Blue Moon, I find it to be a bit better.  Make sure to dunk a slice of orange in there.  On Beeradvocate.com Blue Moon got a 88, Shock Top only a 69.

Sadly, I don't think we can get Blue Moon up here. Will have to give it a try next time I'm back in the US. Coriander sounds interesting.

Jun 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #1,403 of 3,876
I drank this two Sundays ago along with some fried something-or-other....

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,405 of 3,876
Until the next morning!

Clayton, add a slice of orange in there, it really makes the drink.

Pudu, just researched a bit and found this,

Quote:
 In Canada, Blue Moon Belgian White is marketed as the beerRickard's White and is brewed in MontrealQuebec.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Moon_(beer)

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #1,406 of 3,876
Pudu, just researched a bit and found this,

In Canada, Blue Moon Belgian White is marketed as the beerRickard's White and is brewed in Montreal, Quebec.[2]

:eek:

Wow, thanks for that! You are absolutely correct.

"RICKARD'S ORIGINAL WHITE
LCBO 149864 | 473 mL can

Made in: Ontario, Canada
By: Molson'S Brewery Of Canada Limited

Beer, Ale, Wheat Beer
5.4% Alcohol/Vol.

Tasting Note
Medium bodied, unfiltered Belgian-style wheat ale. This beer is spiced with a combination of fresh coriander and orange peel for a uniquely complex taste and a smooth velvety finish. Since it is unfiltered, the beer has a natural cloudy appearance. "

Walked right by it for three years now, never knew. Damn. I was even at the LCBO this afternoon :mad: .

Ah well, there's a always a good reason for another run .... and now I have one!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back