how many of you guys cook???
Jan 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #722 of 3,876
I thought the Dutch would take the cup as well, was rooting for them.

Tonight I made a rack of buffalo spareribs, very tasty but forgot to take a picture. I marinated them in red wine, with a touch of balsamic and Worcestershire, sprinkled with Montreal seasoning then baked them off slowly in a batch of customized barbecue sauce that was absorbed completely into the meat.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #723 of 3,876

Get two beef shanks (pretty cheap—they’re not a trendy cut), bone them,
trim off as much connective tissue as possible,cut the meat into bite size chunks,
plop it into a pot, add a whole garlic (chopped up), about three tablespoons of coarsely ground pepper, one tablespoon of salt,
a bottle of good chianti,put it into the oven at low-to-medium temperature (about 225°F)
and don’t take it out until the next morning.

Eat it while drinking a bottle of the same wine the meat cooked in.

It’s transporting...

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #725 of 3,876

Vegan ?

It's a minimalist Peposo,originating from Florence.

Really,it was quite delectable and I will enjoy preparing it on another cold winter day in the near future.

I like the reduction of a whole bottle of good wine with simple ingredients,so the photo isn't pretty.

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #726 of 3,876
yes, these things don't always look pretty, but can be very tasteful

I like my slow cooking (beef) stew with guiness on winter days

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #728 of 3,876
fine meal

I think you have a photocamera like mine; the colors don't look good (Sony here)

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #729 of 3,876
Heh heh,I just picked up a Leica D-Lux 5.

I was lazy,not setting it up properly out of the box,too busy cooking!

If this is what it does on unknown settings straight up,I will look for better color saturation as I work through all the adjustments.

Auto-Focus,Macro,lens at 3:2,no flash.

Not using it much until I get the ACMAXX Hard LCD Protector,JJC Auto Lens Cap and Artisan & Artist Black Half-Case.

I really like it so far,miles ahead of a cellphone cam and of course a new date break-in is required!

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #730 of 3,876
ah, ok, sorry

anyway, I'm sure that steak was nice and juicy

going to make some nice Indian curries today 

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #732 of 3,876

Quote:

Needs hot sauce.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #735 of 3,876
A good steak, well prepared, needs no sauce. Sauce would be an insult to a fine Delmonico or fillet. And don't get me wrong; I am a connoisseur of hot sauce. I've got sauces based on habanero, datil, chipolte, jalapeno, and boring old cayenne--the side of my refrigerator is stacked full of hot sauce.

But none of it comes anywhere near my steaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back