how many of you guys cook???
Mar 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #271 of 3,876
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP's herbed whole wheat cracker crust/EVOO/minced garlic/fire roasted tomatoes/chopped white onions/herbed chicken breast/bacon/sliced baby bella mushrooms/cracked black pepper/fresh baby spinach/mozarella and provolone garbage pizza:

Looks really nice, ever try it with basil leaves instead of spinach? That would give it a whole new dimension, flavor-wise
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #272 of 3,876
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks really nice, ever try it with basil leaves instead of spinach? That would give it a whole new dimension, flavor-wise
tongue_smile.gif

3 oz. of basil would certainly change things.
icon10.gif
My herb garden will be going in next month and then it will be another month or so before I have my fresh herb supply for the season. Lots of things to try then.

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #274 of 3,876
I have nothing of value to add, as I've just started to read the thread and am on page 1, but I just learned something already:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yelling 'BAM!' when adding spices really makes a dish taste better. :wink:

I love it

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #275 of 3,876
Here's what I just had for dinner:

London broil marinated overnight in soy sauce, red wine vinaigrette, oil, minced onions, and a little bit of garlic powder. Asparagus sauteed with EVOO and salt and pepper, and a baked potato.
tongue_smile.gif

IMG_4216.jpg

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #276 of 3,876
no pix but coming up for dinner here: filet steaks (with pink himalayan salt), baked fingerling potatos (with a dash of truffle oil), and baked butternut squash (with a bit of maple syrup on them). plus a 2005 st. emilion I just found at trader joe's - tertre du moulin, recommended.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #277 of 3,876
Do hamburgers and pancakes count?
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #278 of 3,876
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no pix but coming up for dinner here: filet steaks (with pink himalayan salt), baked fingerling potatos (with a dash of truffle oil), and baked butternut squash (with a bit of maple syrup on them). plus a 2005 st. emilion I just found at trader joe's - tertre du moulin, recommended.

Love butternut squash....I do mine with butter pepper and honey!

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #279 of 3,876
Today, I made a delicious tomato sauce for my dinner of Matzah pizza (chag sameach, everyone!). Tomato puree with a bunch of spices -- pepper, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper. But the most important ingredient is spicy Turkish ajvar. Topped with some Emmentaler cheese... yummy! Though perhaps not for the most discriminating of gourmands...

Apr 3, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #280 of 3,876
NON-TRADITIONAL PIZZA WARNING

This pie started out as a SWMBO challenge. After the german sausage supper earlier this week, she put the leftovers away all helter-skelter. When I commented, she said "What, can't you make a pizza out of that?" Hmm.

4485664512_bbdda72639_b.jpg

Behold OP's Deli Pizza: Cracker crust with rye flour and herbed with 1tsp caraway seeds. Pre bake for four minutes then 2OZ Kraft Lite Thousand Island dressing with six cloves of minced garlic, chopped poultry polska kielbasa sausage, crumbled bacon, carmelized onions, baby bella mushrooms, cup and a half of sweet sauerkraut, 2 cups fine grated swiss cheese. Cup of chopped green onions for the last five minutes. Very tasty. Glass of pinot grigio.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #281 of 3,876
Wednesday night was old fashioned crock pot roast, Thursday: Deep fried crawfish and catfish with remoulade and tonight I made Beef Stroganoff.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #283 of 3,876
Its one of mine too but my girlfriend hates seafood.. good thing she wasn't around on Thursday.
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #284 of 3,876
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NON-TRADITIONAL PIZZA WARNING
Behold OP's Deli Pizza: Cracker crust with rye flour and herbed with 1tsp caraway seeds. Pre bake for four minutes then 2OZ Kraft Lite Thousand Island dressing with six cloves of minced garlic, chopped poultry polska kielbasa sausage, crumbled bacon, carmelized onions, baby bella mushrooms, cup and a half of sweet sauerkraut, 2 cups fine grated swiss cheese. Cup of chopped green onions for the last five minutes. Very tasty. Glass of pinot grigio.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's definitely non-traditional!

I went for a simple grilled NY strip steak tonight, with a dirty-greens and oven-roasted new potato medley, topped off with grated Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts:

SANY0013.JPG

The steak came out the way I like a NY strip, medium rare:

SANY0003.JPG

I paired it with a glass of organic California Syrah, not a bad bottle of vino for $10 or so:

Untitled.png

Later some homemade vanilla-bean ice cream, with homemade Valrhona/Godiva dark chocolate syrup (sweetened with pure cane sugar and agave nectar), and toasted coconut flakes:

SANY0005.JPG

All in all a pretty good dinner
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #285 of 3,876
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The steak came out the way I like a NY strip, medium rare:

SANY0003.JPG

Nice looking steak, but make mine a little more like this little marinated sirloin (if you ignore the hanging slivered toasted almond):

3888631316_45bc94cd33_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back