1000+ Head-Fier
Hiya people
Seems like the Dac1 revolution has caught up on Head-Fi

How many people actually have the DAC1?

So post here.

Regards
Kunwar

Sep 14, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 37
DAC1 trendsetter checking in. (At least in seemed discussion of the DAC1 increased tenfold once I had one
redface.gif
)

Sep 14, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 37
What is a fair price for a used unit? These seem to be so high in demand that the resale value seems to be very close to the retail price.

I've just sold my Grace 901 and I'm interested in trying out the DAC 1. I was rather impressed with the Grace DAC. But everyone seems to think the Benchmark DAC is better.

Sep 14, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
I dont want a DAC1
eek.gif

Have you heard the Benchmark DAC-1? And if so how do you feel it compares to the Bel Canto DAC-2?

Sep 14, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Where's the choice for: "I have a Bel Canto DAC 2 and don't need a DAC 1"?

Have you had a chance to compare your Bel Canto DAC-2 to the Benchmark DAC-1?

Sep 14, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
Have had a chance to compare your Bel Canto DAC-2 to the Benchmark DAC-1?

No, I haven't, but I've been thinking about doing that down the road. I figured that after I have spent some time with the Bel Canto, I might get a DAC 1 on trial to make a comparison, but right now the Bel Canto sounds so inherently good in my system, it's hard to believe that the Benchmark could sound better (although maybe it would). I suspect that curiousity will once again grab ahold of me in a month or two and that I will be giving it a trial.

Sep 15, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #11 of 37
Have it and love it
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
Have had a chance to compare your Bel Canto DAC-2 to the Benchmark DAC-1?

For a while I wanted to put in that item but decided that this is more a survey of people who have it, if that option was there we could have about a 1000 responses which would only clog up display results.

Kunwar

EDIT: quoted the wrong post Sorry, was meant to quote the post which asks for the dac2 option.

Sep 15, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
I dont want a DAC1
eek.gif

I echo this. EXTREMELY happy with my new rega planet 2k. I also know that the components in the DAC1 aren't suppossed to be of the greatest quality (at least that's what somone said here after opening one up).

Sep 15, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 37
While the individual components of the DAC1 are not the “best” ever, they are quite good. The magic of the DAC1 is how those parts work together, the synergy they achieve; the implementation of those parts and the technology used (and the circuit layout) are what make the DAC1 special. Some won’t like the somewhat clinical, ultra-neutral sound of the DAC1, but I want as neutral and clean a source as possible (the amp and ‘phones add enough coloration of their own). While you may personally prefer the Planet’s sound, you still haven’t heard the DAC1 and I’ll just say that IMO the Planet simply doesn’t compare.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back