How many Dac1's on Head-Fi now?
Sep 16, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
I think this whole flavor of the month thing is laughable. I could've said i liked it, or maybe 1 or 2 others, but one guy makes a big post about it that everyone seems to like, as if in a popularity contest, and then all of a sudden 20 of them are purchased.

I wonder how tangible this is to the recent NEW price hike... It makes the dac1 to me less and less desirable when i see it all of a sudden for sale for 950.

FYI, the retail price of the benchmark dac1 was 750, i was recommended by my friends uncle who whos a studio and a massive types of equipment. He told me to get it, since for the 'price' it couldn't be beat. Mainly it sounded as good as sources double it's price, and had a nice headphone amp. It's still a great piece, but i hope they chill on the price increases.

Iron Dreamer's post was a factor in my getting the benchmark dac1 but I think the two glowing Stereophile reviews have a lot to do with its popularity, and perhaps price increase too. The dac1 is popular a lot of places, not just head-fi. And it is a little too late to call it the flavor of the month, maybe the flavor of the year.

Sep 21, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
I compared the DAC1 to a basic PPA, and felt the Benchmark bested it. I thought it was on par with a Gilmore SS amp. It also powers AKG K1000's pretty easily too

eek.gif

didn't expect also this . So this DAC1 is a true audio manticore ...
I'm evaluating getting one..If i could ever listen the sound of it ..
there's any vendor with a 30/60 return policy who sell the DAC1 ?

Sep 21, 2004 at 9:58 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
that would be incorrect as I use it with my DVD player and the IHP-140 as well

does the dac1 put out the same thing form this two transports
confused.gif
?

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:17 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
does the dac1 put out the same thing form this two transports
confused.gif
?

I have not noticed any difference using either.
the signature I get is that of the DAC1 and not of the transport.
Of course if I play MP3's I can tell that they are MP3's cos' of the quality on them.

does that help.

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
there's any vendor with a 30/60 return policy who sell the DAC1 ?

I'm not sure how they do international stuff but try audioadvisor.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back