How long should I burn in ATH-M50's?
Jul 13, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 15
I am new to this stuff too, but here is what I understand. If you need to ask how long you should burn in, it probably wont matter. You probably wont even notice the difference. Just listen to them and find out for yourself if burn in is psychological or not. That's what I am going to do! Good luck.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 15
Jul 15, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
Don't use your microwave.

I remember when that guy said this in a thread i started concerning the amount of burn-in needed for the M50s. Except I think he meant blaring his music at the highest volume with an amp for 30 secs and still getting the same result as doing a regular burn-in.

By the way, the way I burned my M50s was just by letting them sit on my regular listening level for 40 hours.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 15
starfox-slippy-baby9000.jpg

don't worry, it can handle the heat 
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 15
Jul 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #13 of 15
Most phones I've had over the past few years really open up in only ten hours or so.  But things continue to change basically forever.  When I first got my 650s, the sound was just awful.  But by 200 hours I was starting to like them and by 500 hours I was always excited to listen to my music through them.  The sounded best the day I sold them, and I'm sure they sound even better with their new owners.  My friend has a AT-ES7 that must have well over 1000 hours on them and I'm always blown away by how this $100.00 headphone sounds when compared to my own W1000s, and even the newer T1s and 800s.  I'm not saying its better, because its not, but rather impressive considering cost! 

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
Most phones I've had over the past few years really open up in only ten hours or so.  But things continue to change basically forever.  When I first got my 650s, the sound was just awful.  But by 200 hours I was starting to like them and by 500 hours I was always excited to listen to my music through them.  The sounded best the day I sold them, and I'm sure they sound even better with their new owners.  

That's odd. This is like reverse masochism. People usually sell their headphones on the day they sound their worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back