How long is your journey now with K701?
Mar 4, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #47 of 89
Going on 7 hours...loving them so far.

Bill

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #48 of 89
Got them August of '08, so about a year and a half. Been loving them since
k701smile.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #49 of 89
unfortunately, only about a month. I ran into some financial problems and had to sell my entire set-up.
frown.gif

Luckily I have since been able to kind of rebuild my system.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #50 of 89

Quote:
Mine ended at about a year and a half, when my ferrets chewed the cord off right at the base. The rest of my K701 is still mint; now I have to figure out where to get them recabled.

Go to www.moonaudio.com

I like how the cables help in changing some of the subtle nuances in the music character.  It is towards the better.

May 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #52 of 89
My year anniversery is in 15 days! I may have to take them out for a nice dinner. 

I just had my best experience with them recently listening to a live Keith Jarrett album.  It was amazing, I felt as if I was sitting in the audience watching the whole time.

May 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #54 of 89
About 3 years now.  Until I got my Woo amp this March they saw very little use unfortunately.  Still not exactly my cup of tea, but the sound qualities of tubes at least put them on the target board.  I have no idea when I'll be able to afford something else so I'm glad I can at least get some satisfaction out of them now.

May 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #55 of 89

Quote:
About 3 years now.  Until I got my Woo amp this March they saw very little use unfortunately.  Still not exactly my cup of tea, but the sound qualities of tubes at least put them on the target board.  I have no idea when I'll be able to afford something else so I'm glad I can at least get some satisfaction out of them now.

I'am planning to get the WA6 for the K701, would it be nicer compared to SS or would you prefer SS.

May 7, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #57 of 89
@kunal, I would suggest going for the WA6 SE, that seems to be a good match with the K701. My WA6, not so much, I have a feeling that SS amps in the same bracket will do a better job.

May 7, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #58 of 89
2 months now - I'm still impressed ehen I put them on. Yesterday they proofed themself to be nice watching movies:)

They also survived a little accident when I connected them directly to power amp output.

May 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #59 of 89
I have had the K701 twice, longest period is about 11/2 year. The later one have been recabled by Jena Labs cable balanced driving with a balacced beta22. But actually, I don't really like how it sounds at last and sold them.

May 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #60 of 89
Quote:
I have had the K701 twice, longest period is about 11/2 year. The later one have been recabled by Jena Labs cable balanced driving with a balacced beta22. But actually, I don't really like how it sounds at last and sold them.

I'm similar - I had the k701s for about 3 months. I didnt like them at all. (sorry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back