How long is your journey now with K701?
Feb 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #32 of 89
Just finishing up my second month with 'em. Loving these cans so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #33 of 89
Man, those are some mean lookin cans there Acix. Had my 702's for a year now, and very sadly parted ways for a bit as they are getting their left driver repaired...
frown.gif
that was just as the lows were getting warmer and more controlled.

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #38 of 89
Just a note on the so-called anaemic bass of these AKG: when the bass is recorded I can feel the drivers shaking...that's impressive and I never felt the same "emotion" with different cans (though my headphones experience is not great). The sound of the double bass is stunning.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #39 of 89
You guys are making me jealous. I just sold my K701's, and I never really got to listen to them. The bumps and my big head didn't agree with each other, so I never really got the use out of them that I'd have liked (I'd say that I wore them maybe for a total of a couple of hours).

I loved the sound so much. Maybe I'll buy another pair some day and do the mod to remove the bumps and then the rubber band mod. I'm hoping the feeling will pass when I get my custom IEM's though.

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #42 of 89
5 month k702 user here
biggrin.gif
. the only aftermarket cable I have now is the Cryoparts one which is not very popular around here. though it provides good improments, I might have to diy another cable to compare with (commercial ones are out of my range atm)

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #43 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranhieu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 month k702 user here
biggrin.gif
. the only aftermarket cable I have now is the Cryoparts one which is not very popular around here. though it provides good improments, I might have to diy another cable to compare with (commercial ones are out of my range atm)

You can try the Mogami W2534, here is more info: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/ak...-cable-378255/

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #44 of 89
I do still want a pair of these one day. They are beautiful and I like the way they sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back