How long is the WAIT on a WOO?
Dec 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 35

Quote:
Just got a note from Woo that my amp will ship tomorrow. Hopefully it will arrive safely. I'll post impressions and pictures once I get a chance.

Congrats.  Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing what your impressions are.

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #22 of 35
Hey Wollabilla,

I ordered a WA2 about 3 weeks ago. It was supposed to be delivered TODAY, but FEDEX GROUND says
it will be TOMORROW. 

I guess that's no big deal since 3 weeks is pretty fast for a WA2 order. 

It's just that I sat by the driveway waiting ALLLL DAYYYYY for the truck to come...... and then....nothing :frowning2:

oh well! it will be that much SWEETER when i get it TOMORROW!

just like everyone else, i will post impressions. only thing is, it's my FIRST AMP EVER! 
I was just listening to the HD650's plugged into my MACAIR!! it took me a couple of minutes
to realize "well, i guess i gotta shell out some more money for an amp"

i figured i would spend $200-300 so I started reading these threads on HEAD-FI, and a coupla weeks
later i decided on the WA2.

if someone told me that i woulda spent that much for a HEADPHONE amp, i woulda laughed and
said "no way"... but, here i am, a part of the MADNESS that is head-fi!

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #23 of 35

Quote:
Hey Wollabilla,

I ordered a WA2 about 3 weeks ago. It was supposed to be delivered TODAY, but FEDEX GROUND says
it will be TOMORROW. 

I guess that's no big deal since 3 weeks is pretty fast for a WA2 order. 

It's just that I sat by the driveway waiting ALLLL DAYYYYY for the truck to come...... and then....nothing :frowning2:

oh well! it will be that much SWEETER when i get it TOMORROW!

just like everyone else, i will post impressions. only thing is, it's my FIRST AMP EVER! 
I was just listening to the HD650's plugged into my MACAIR!! it took me a couple of minutes
to realize "well, i guess i gotta shell out some more money for an amp"

i figured i would spend $200-300 so I started reading these threads on HEAD-FI, and a coupla weeks
later i decided on the WA2.

if someone told me that i woulda spent that much for a HEADPHONE amp, i woulda laughed and
said "no way"... but, here i am, a part of the MADNESS that is head-fi!

I like the photo, clever!

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #24 of 35

Quote:
My WA22 took two weeks.

I envy you Mike
wink.gif
. I ordered my WA22 (black) on 10/23 with an expected lead time of 5 weeks. I'm at  5+ weeks at present. In the meantime I have collected or have on order some nice tubes to roll with.

1. Tung-Sol 6SN7 BGRP (oval plate)
  2. Tung-Sol 6F8G w/ adapter from Glenn.
  3. Shuguang Treasure 6SN7
  4. GEC 6080
  5. Sylvania 7236
  6. GEC 6AS7G
  7. Tung-Sol 6080/5998
  8. EML 5U4G Mesh

Now if I can find some Sylvania jan chs 6sn7gt bad boys, I will be happy.

BTW, I hope you and I both get what we expected from Alex i.e. NOS GEC 6AS7G!

John

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #26 of 35
One of our Head-Fi members, who knew that I was looking, gave me the heads up when he saw it on eBay...lucky me
wink.gif

It was a "buy it now" deal that I believe was only there for less than an hour. I was actually shocked when the sale completed because I thought for sure someone else was clicking "Buy it now" at the same time as me.

Now I need some luck with finding Sylvania bad boys!

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #27 of 35

Quote:
Quote:
My WA22 took two weeks.

I envy you Mike
wink.gif
. I ordered my WA22 (black) on 10/23 with an expected lead time of 5 weeks. I'm at  5+ weeks at present. In the meantime I have collected or have on order some nice tubes to roll with.

4. GEC 6080
  5. Sylvania 7236
  6. GEC 6AS7G
  7. Tung-Sol 6080/5998
  8. EML 5U4G Mesh

John

John,

Unfortunately, I had to return the tubes to Alex.  The second tube has internal heat wear marks right above its heating elements and there was no way for me to know how long the tube would last.  I am going to give him positive feedback because he handled the problem well, however I am disappointed that I had to give up the pair.  Why would anywone show a picture of one thing and sell another?  Have you physically inspected the tubes you bought from him to make sure they are the same?  Just think if I had not clicked the button right then, you would have been stuck with mismatched and worn tubes.

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #28 of 35

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My WA22 took two weeks.

I envy you Mike
wink.gif

4. GEC 6080
  5. Sylvania 7236
  6. GEC 6AS7G
  7. Tung-Sol 6080/5998
  8. EML 5U4G Mesh

John

John,

Unfortunately, I had to return the tubes to Alex.  The second tube has internal heat wear marks right above its heating elements and there was no way for me to know how long the tube would last.  I am going to give him positive feedback because he handled the problem well, however I am disappointed that I had to give up the pair.  Why would anywone show a picture of one thing and sell another?  Have you physically inspected the tubes you bought from him to make sure they are the same?  Just think if I had not clicked the button right then, you would have been stuck with mismatched and worn tubes.

Mike, I have not received them yet. The only inspection I did was to look at probably the same pictures that you saw. When I get the tubes, I will post some photos for all to see. Allex has 100% positive feedback and "top rated seller", so I hope for the best.

John

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #29 of 35

Quote:
Quote:
My WA22 took two weeks.

I envy you Mike
wink.gif

4. GEC 6080
  5. Sylvania 7236
  6. GEC 6AS7G
  7. Tung-Sol 6080/5998
  8. EML 5U4G Mesh

John

Hey John,

i feel for ya man. i just got my WA2 in a couple of days ago. 
as i was waiting, for it, i couldn't remember anticipating something
so much since i was a kid waiting for santa clause. 

i guess i'm just so used to going to the store and getting instant gratification
on anything i want. maybe this was good for me somehow??

sure am glad it finally got here, though. it was all i could think about :)

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #30 of 35

Quote:
Now I need some luck with finding Sylvania bad boys!

Oh man, you and me both. I've been searching for ages......

So much misinformation is frustrating and although I think I finally know what the real deal is I can't find a pair, not a true pair at least. Many people selling what they consider bad boys and are far from it.

Good luck with your search and if you find a source? Pleasedrop me a PM, of course I'll do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back