How long have you had your primary headphones?
Jan 5, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #32 of 40
I got the DT990 Pros for a graduation present in June of '08, and originally I used my KSC75s more, due to convenience, but I've been using my Beyers more and more frequently.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #35 of 40
The HD-800 hasn't been out that long, but I've had them since June. I don't think there's much chance of me switching to something else as a primary.

I've had my secondary pair for almost four years - the K-1000. And my primary amp (Zana Deux) has been around for two years now.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #36 of 40
I said >5 years, but could have said <3 months or anything in between. I've never had a "primary" pair of headphones. I rotate through a bunch of them; always have and always will because I'm a dirty little headphone polygamist.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #38 of 40
I bought my Sennheiser HD 540 reference back in the mid 80's....sometime between 1984-86. So they are going on 23+ years. The black foam inserts are completely gone and the pads are split at the seams but they still sound great. I use them for audio editing spoken word content to this day.

I found this site just a few days ago doing a google search for HD 540 repairs. I replaced the head strap yesterday...it was literally hanging by a few threads. Traced out and cut out a new headband yesterday from some salvaged plastic stock. I would like to replace the ear pads....any suggestions?

I've logged far more hours on my wireless Sennheiser HDR 8-9's that I bought back in 1997.

This site has motivated me to plug in my receiver with the HD 540's and listen to at least one classical CD every other day for the rest of the year.

Looking forward to learning more about headphone amps....and the other goodies I have neglected over the years.

Headphones are tax write off for me [with in reason] would like to pick up some HD 600's possibly the latest Sennheiser wireless RS 160, 170 or 180. Being tethered with wire is tough to get used to.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #39 of 40
I've been using my hd25sp's for almost a year now as my primary cans.I have used so many open headphones and haven't been happy with them due to leakage,...etc.I'm content going with closed headphones from now on.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #40 of 40
Got my XB700's in July of last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back