How long does First class mail to Canada take?
Mar 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #16 of 42

Quote:
You should change the title to say "How long does First class mail to Canada take?"
wink.gif

Done. :) Again, sorry guys. Really didn't mean to make a fool out of myself.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #17 of 42

Quote:
That's a good point. I stand corrected and totally respect and agree with what you are saying. I will change the title of the thread and send a letter to Headroom with an apology.

Additionally, I will put an "Edit:...." in my original post. 

Sonic, you are a gentleman for doing it and I really never think your post meant anything negatively.  It's just to avoid misunderstanding and you didn't make a fool out of yourself, we all understand that feeling.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #18 of 42
Being in Canada myself, I can relate.  I'll never understand the requirements that customs has for holding something up, or just letting it pass through.  I've ordered larger more expensive items (eg. headphones) via companies or ebay which get here lightening fast, and other times some rinky dink 2 dollar cable or ipod case that fits in a regular envelope takes forever. 
On that note, the funny thing I've found is that often shipping from something within Canada (even the same province) sometimes takes longer than stuff I get from the U.S.  Go figure....

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #19 of 42
this may gonna sound like an advertisement - but I was really impressed by a recent parcel I sent to Canada from the UK, that I'd mention it. it was shipped on the 1st of March and arrived at its destination on the 4th of March (that's like three days) check it out. I used an online courier service called Parcel2Go - they collect the parcel at you door. I had four choices of carriers during the online booking - dhl was the most economical so I chose them - fedex was the most expensive costing more than double. I expected it to take about a week - or two. I'm impressed. Go dhl!

otoh, a parcel I once sent to the US with the freaking post office took nearly two months. not to mention that had to drive to the PO and wait over half-an-hour for my turn, and cost me a small fortune. I'll avoid the PO in future if possible.

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #20 of 42
Hmm, I don't hold it against Headroom. But I do feel like I am irritated with the USPS and those who work at the border. My brother and his girlfriend each ordered the same boots online and he paid $25 and she paid $67. Bull....

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 42
It's only been 16 days or so.  I've seen them take 30 days.  LOL

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #26 of 42
Wonder where the hold up is. Does packages take longer into Canada or out of Canada?
I have received packages from Canada  to MN and both times, took about a week , just wondering, I might have to mail a package next weekend

3/25/11
package shipped by me via  USPS Priority tooks 10 days from US to Canada

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #27 of 42
Packages into Canada take longer than packages out. If you received something from within a week then I assume the package came from east Canada. As one can already guess, west to east and vice versa takes considerably longer.

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #30 of 42
If only Mr. Pro 900 could have the mini-to-mini cable connecting Mrs. PA2V2 and Sir Clip+(Rockboxed) that was ordered on February 23rd then he'd be ever so happy. The clouds would clear and the sun would come out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back