How long does First class mail to Canada take?
Mar 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #31 of 42
Funny I also bought something cheap on ebay on the 23rd from the states shipped via $3 USPS First Class Mail, let's see who gets their package first
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #32 of 42
I'm done offering priority mail flat rate boxes after a customer out of the blue opened a paypal claim against me after about 3 weeks of waiting for their package in Canada.  It's clearly the douchey Canadian customs that has it, I've never lost a parcel before.  There's no way to insure or track flat rate USPS boxes, they just plain suck.  People are just going to have to pay up the $25 for express no matter what they're buying if they live in a foreign country.  

Mar 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #33 of 42
I've waited 3 weeks for a small flat rate box via usps priority mail, customs had it for about a week. It's strange because the non small flat rate boxes are handled much quicker it seems. I would definitely ship only using a trackable method, for the benefit for you and for the buyer to avoid those kind of claims; it just avoids a lot of problems.

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #35 of 42
If  your tracking starts with the letter L then you're not going to get updating tracking other than that message which is a shipping confirmation.

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #37 of 42
x2

here's a little tale, of dealling with the postals, without going postal, lol, it only took, from 1/17, till 3/10,

7 nail biting weeks from Vacouver to Grand Rapids MI, 1 low profile LOD, sent flat rate, no tracking in an envelope, what the? but it arrived, fits and works great, i guess i passed my grand mis-adventure in patience

i went from a copper siver plated LOD, to an all silver LOD, and may i say that its made a huge difference, it brightened up the darkness of the GS Voyager! brought out and balanced out the mids and highs, and widened the soundstage considerably, well worth the wait, ka-sweet!! for $35.00 its like having a brand new rig, my first purchase off of Head-Fi, and the most significant upgrade for my GS Voyager, 6.5 classic, TF10's, setup!!! 

good luck!

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #38 of 42
First Class Mail takes a bloody long time. Expect to wait up to a month. I've had an order of cables arrive after three weeks, a wallet after five, and CDs after seven. I'm waiting for some cables myself at the moment, but no big deal - I can wait. Again, most of the time is due to customs - delivery by horseback without customs would probably be faster than airmail through customs. Just be patient, swallow your pride and wait. In the grand scheme of things, a month is nothing - just ask HeadAmp or JH-3A customers.

No offense to HeadAmp or Jerry Harvey, of course - they make great products and I know they're trying their best.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #42 of 42
I checked this site to get more information about the latest on the amount of time a letter to Canada will take. I am appalled at the rudeness of some people below. It is the 21st century and I receive mail and packages from Romania, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, and England in less than a week without extra cost. Why do you have to be rude to the person checking on a package? If something went wrong, she'd be blamed for waiting so long to check on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back