How long does First class mail to Canada take?
Mar 2, 2011 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Sonic Atrocity

500+ Head-Fier
I have been waiting over a week. :frowning2: I ordered a 4 inch mini-to-mini cable from headroom to Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have not received it yet. I didn't ask for any special shipping because that would have cost me extra money and I can't spend that. Anyone have any idea how long it will take? /whine over

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT READ THIS IT'S IMPORTANT!: I originally entitled the thread "Headroom cable taking FOREVER!" and would like to say that the title has now been changed and in no way did I mean to criticize Headroom or tarnish their reputation for being good with customer service. My apologies are extended to Headroom and the rest of the audiophile community. In no way were my intentions bad. I didn't mean to cause any harm. I hope all is well and that my correction sufficiently repairs any damage done. 

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 42
Mail to canada takes anywhere from 8 to 30+ days.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 42
Quote:
WHAT?!?!?! NO! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! THAT'S ABSURD!

Not really, any time something is coming from the states at regular mail speed I would expect at least 2 weeks and here you're panicking after a week. 1-1.5 week is the approximate wait time with priority mail for me so at regular mail, you can guess that it will take twice as long. Postage probably cost $3 so you can't expect much in terms of speed, if you were looking to get it quick then you should have paid for the speed.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 42

Quote:
Not really, any time something is coming from the states at regular mail speed I would expect at least 2 weeks and here you're panicking after a week. 1-1.5 week is the approximate wait time with priority mail for me so at regular mail, you can guess that it will take twice as long. Postage probably cost $3 so you can't expect much in terms of speed, if you were looking to get it quick then you should have paid for the speed.

mad.gif

I want my cable!! 
ph34r.gif
 :p

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 42
Yep, many things get very held up at the border. That is life. Come here to Micronesia were my packages often take 2 months. Start breathing and be glad you can. I am sure the cable will arrive. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #9 of 42

Quote:
Oh my god!!  A whole week!!?!?!? What is this world coming to!?!?!?

Stop whining.

Actually, it was sent from Headroom's facilities at 1:43am on February 23rd but your point still applies. 

I don't wanna waiiiiiiiiit. I wannnnnnnnnnnnt my caaaaaaaaaaaaaaable! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *throws temper tantrum* *kicks and screams*

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #10 of 42
Wow. I think this is the first time I saw someone complain about Headroom's shipping procedure. 
And sorry you missed other epic waiting dramas in HeadFi - my last one was in 2008 when my amp took a trip to Denver :p

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:
Wow. I think this is the first time I saw someone complain about Headroom's shipping procedure.

Actually this has nothing to do with headroom's shipping procedure, it's more like "I am impatient about the postal service taking their sweet time, hurry up"

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 42
I'm not actually upset. :p I am just injecting a little humour. That's all. Sorry if I irritated anyone. I sincerely mean that. I like being around here and don't want to tarnish my reputation! Anyhow, I will tell you guys when the cable arrives. :p

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #13 of 42

Quote:
I'm not actually upset. :p I am just injecting a little humour. That's all. Sorry if I irritated anyone. I sincerely mean that. I like being around here and don't want to tarnish my reputation! Anyhow, I will tell you guys when the cable arrives. :p

Believe me Atrocity, almost everyone here understand your sentiment of wanting the cable like NOW, cus in this hobby we have all experienced the waiting game and sometimes even for months to years.  I totally understand your frustration and it doesn't irritate me at all.  My problem with you post is your title "Headroom cable taking FOREVER".  You said you don't want to tarnish your reputation, but you title is tarnishing Headroom's reputation by implicating Headroom has a poor customer service when it is really not their problem.  You really should apologize to Headroom and/or change your title to reflect the reality about slow shipping to Canada.  You are concern about you reputation but you need to be mindful of other's reputation also.

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 42
That's a good point. I stand corrected and totally respect and agree with what you are saying. I will change the title of the thread and send a letter to Headroom with an apology.

Additionally, I will put an "Edit:...." in my original post. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back