How important are aesthetics to you?
Sep 29, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like form-following-function aesthetics. Perfect example: The Oracle Delphi turntable.
Oracle_TT123.jpg

Nice.

I think aliens are infringing on their transport design:

CD1500.jpg

ufo.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #47 of 64
Beautiful rigs are fun to look at but at the end of the day, when everybody has gone home and it's just you and your stereo, it's all about how it sounds. I've got to admit though, I have a soft spot for big blue meters...
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by OneMalt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I've got to admit, I have a soft spot for big blue meters...
tongue.gif

So do I!
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #49 of 64
I admit I have not read this entire thread, so I am not sure if this has been brought up.

I like to compare the way I feel about aesthetics in audio equipment to the way *most* (more mature) people feel about a spouse in that looks are certainly important, but only dictate small percentage of the relationship. But again, as many have already said, looks are most definitely a plus.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by S Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I admit I have not read this entire thread, so I am not sure if this has been brought up.

I like to compare the way I feel about aesthetics in audio equipment to the way *most* (more mature) people feel about a spouse in that looks are certainly important, but only dictate small percentage of the relationship. But again, as many have already said, looks are most definitely a plus.

Call me young and immature, but that just sounds like ugly people talk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #51 of 64
Quote:

I agree with this. There has to be some kind of physical attraction. It's not everything, but it does matter to some degree. A relevant factor but certainly not determinative. As with women, my tastes in audio gear is fairly broad. I find a lot of it looks appealing on one level or another as long as the build quality is acceptable! Nor do I fuss much about color. Kind of like the darker colors, but if it's white and exceptionally beautiful, I'm Ok with that too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

You're young and immature.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #52 of 64
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

You'll understand eventually. Hopefully, you won't have to learn that the hard way.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #54 of 64
Quote:

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll understand eventually. Hopefully, you won't have to learn that the hard way.

As the saying goes: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #57 of 64
well generally I don't care. no matter how beautiful it looks, the price just gets my girlfriend repulsive... what's more, I mainly listen to music with lights off and eyes closed (mouth perhaps open though...). So if it's a killing deal, who cares the color
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #58 of 64
Looks are not that important, but I didn't buy the demo-model of the Marantz sa7001ki we sell in our store because it is silver, and my pm7001ki amp is black. Of course, I didn't really need it anyway because most of my listening is MAC based and I would just like it to complete the set so this way it was easy to keep my wallet closed.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #59 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorcilantro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice Nova! What floorstanders?

Moth Cicadas.

I really enjoy the Nova, though I'm using it for preamp/DAC only. The Moth 2a3 amp is driving the speakers, to good effect
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #60 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moth Cicadas.

I really enjoy the Nova, though I'm using it for preamp/DAC only. The Moth 2a3 amp is driving the speakers, to good effect
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here. I'm using the preamp out to feed a small 6BM8 power amp. I used to run straight to my Cyber 211s via a Lavry DA10, but ...things change for the better.

Those Cicada drivers are generally similar to my Omegas at 94db.

Aesthetic beauty and functionality have a somewhat linear relationship to form "quality". If it looks really good and functions to allow the unit safe passage into your "wife's" living room, for example.
ph34r.gif

DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back