How I plan to fund my new headphone addiction
Feb 6, 2014 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ruthieandjohn

Stumbling towards enlightenment
(Formerly known as kayandjohn.)
(For those who don't know me yet, I caution... not EVERYTHING I post is always solemnly Portentous!)

So... each of us, in our hearts of hearts, given any opportunity, glances at eye-catching headphones such as the Beats by Dr. Dre. We hope that our audiophile friends are not watching as we partake of this eye candy, but we sometimes wistfully hope that our specification-perfect, head-fi-approved headphones were just a little prettier... maybe not as pretty as that headset we catch a glimpse of gardening next door, but with at least a modicum of eye-catching sizzle.

But how do we add designer headphone sizzle to our technically-perfect headphones, selected with excruciating care? And if we actually BOUGHT that luscious designer headphone, we'd be drummed out of head-fi.org, and we'd have stop frolicking here and do useful things instead, like our laundry.

Introducing... the Style Augmentation Package (SAP). The SAP, shown here, is a Design Improvement Product Placement Yoke (or DIPPY) that can be added to nearly any headphone.

Yes, you too can enhance your Sennheiser or your Grado with A DIPPY Designer Logo!  This Logo is a highly stylized lower-case "A," indicative of the highest-grade quality we all strive for (and one step ahead of That Other Guy's "b") (oh, and is my initial too!).  It is printed upon genuine Paper, which has been backed with an Acoustically Verified Adhesive to stick anywhere you want.

You add it to any headphone to improve performance.  Here is an example..

Did you indeed read "improve performance?"  Yes you did.  Headphones will actually improve in sound when affixed with one of these, almost as much as when you switch out the original headphone cable for an expensive purpose-built cable.

How much does it cost, you ask?  I expect this enhancement to be So Popular that many, many people will buy it, so instead of offering it for $300 - $400 as SOME (you know who they are!) do, I will offer these SAPs for only $100.00 each!  Most headphones will take two SAPs, one for each ear.

So now, you need no longer lasciviously eye the twin beauties of that headphone across the fence... you can boost the performance of your own favorite headphone, display it to the world, and give those design-only headphones out there a run for their money.

Now, I need to build an addition to my house for all the headphones I will soon be able to buy with the money from DIPPY.

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 22
Wow. I'll take two!

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 22
  Why exactly do you think stickers will make any given headphone sound better?

hush you, non believer, we don't need none of your kind here! Can't you see this man is offering a truely worth while Audiophile product! My making your headphones look more stylish, you will find more pleasure in listening to them, it's simple really 
  Wow. I'll take two!

Hell I'll take 6 man! Sign me up! 

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 22
  [. . .] I expect this enhancement to be So Popular that many, many people will buy it, so instead of offering it for $300 - $400 as SOME (you know who they are!) do, I will offer these SAPs for only $100.00 each!  Most headphones will take two SAPs, one for each ear.

So now, you need no longer lasciviously eye the twin beauties of that headphone across the fence... you can boost the performance of your own favorite headphone, display it to the world, and give those design-only headphones out there a run for their money.

All you have to do is sponsor this website. Your product appears in the next infomercial and it becomes de rigueur amongst the jet set. I predict that the fashion forward look will be to wear it on only one of the housings.

The same reason that the numbers on the Grado buttons do. 
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 22

All you have to do is sponsor this website. Your product appears in the next infomercial and it becomes de rigueur amongst the jet set. I predict that the fashion forward look will be to wear it on only one of the housings.

The same reason that the numbers on the Grado buttons do. 
tongue.gif

Exactly man, well said. But I think we may see people wearing it on only the left or right side, depending on their amplifcation. The solid sates with straight and even right side, and those crazy tube dudes wearing it slighty tilted on the left cup 

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 22
  But I think we may see people wearing it on only the left or right side, depending on their "amplification." (quotes added)

I thought of it, and I couldn't find the right words.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 22

I thought of it, and I couldn't find the right words.

I hope I was able to put more specific words for your thoughts, if so I'm happy to help :D 

so K&J YO, you got pictures of your glorious workshop! I wanna see some of your production steps :D 

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #9 of 22
hush you, non believer, we don't need none of your kind here! Can't you see this man is offering a truely worth while Audiophile product! My making your headphones look more stylish, you will find more pleasure in listening to them, it's simple really 

The same reason that the numbers on the Grado buttons do. :p  

You know, I just realized that these are genuine Paper. I think that speaks for itself.

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 22
You know, I just realized that these are genuine American Paper. I think that speaks for itself.

there, fixed that up for you.

Glad you came to your sense :3 

so are you taking 2 pairs or 3? 

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 22
Gahh dang it. I just bought a pair from another member on here for $500. I knew I should have waited for the real deal to show up, as something about mine just do not look right.

I knew I left my doughnut somewhere.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #13 of 22

Quote:

I'm sorry, manbear - I should have posted proof with that statement.  I'm new here, but I knew better and just forgot.

Hear are results from an a vs. b test, without vs. with stickers, conducted using a double-deaf test methodology:

a.  Without sticker:

b. With sticker:

See?  In this a vs. b comparison, clearly b, "with sticker," sounds better. 

Sorry I forgot to include this first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back