how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?
Jun 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
 I've got my blue dragon v3 headphone cable, with my sennheiser hd650's, and my setup sounds awesome! Can't wait to get the little dot mk3:D

Just about the exact setup I've used for the past year except I have the HD600's.  I think you will really like the combination, I know I did!

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 24
If it helps I just bought a Mk IV (whilst in China so no shipping issues) and use it with my HD600's and so far I am very impressed. Walking around smiling even though I am back at work!!

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
Mine sounds fantastic with the HD600/650 especially after doing a little tube rolling. I think for the price it's a great option if your looking for a tube amp.

What tubes did you substitute? I am thinking of doing the same thing but am not sure which ones to get and have no desire to have a stock of unused tubes around the place.

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #21 of 24
My favorite so far is the GE JAN5654W. The GE tube has nice clarity and a more exciting sound which pairs nicely with the sennheisers. The mullard M8100/CV4010 is my second favorite and tons of people love it. I like the mullard as well but to me it isn't as exciting as the GE tube but is a nice full body sound. It can seem a bit too smooth sometimes for me depending on the music with the HD650. Its a love hate thing with the Mullard but the GE tube always sounds good to me.  

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
My favorite so far is the GE JAN5654W. The GE tube has nice clarity and a more exciting sound which pairs nicely with the sennheisers. The mullard M8100/CV4010 is my second favorite and tons of people love it. I like the mullard as well but to me it isn't as exciting as the GE tube but is a nice full body sound. It can seem a bit too smooth sometimes for me depending on the music with the HD650. Its a love hate thing with the Mullard but the GE tube always sounds good to me.  

Thanks, that is very helpful. I will have to start experimenting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back