How good are all these IEMs by MEElectronics?
May 30, 2011 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Modified Bear

New Head-Fier
I'm buying a Cowon J3 and there's a deal with it where you get a random set of earphones (out of 6) from MEElectronics and I was wondering how good they all were because I have never heard of the manufacturer.

The six you can get are:

MEElectronics M2P

MEElectronics M9

MEElectronics M6

MEElectronics M9P

MEElectronics M11

MEElectronics M11P

My current set of IEMs are Sennheiser MX500s

Will any of these be a significat improvement?

May 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 16
MEElectronics is a fairly new company that has gained a decent reputation for offering good budget earphones. Checkout |joker|'s thread to see how well each of those models stacks up.

EDIT: BTW, the "P" models are the same, they just have a mic/remote for phones. Here is my review of all four models. (Sorry, it needs to be edited really bad.)

May 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 16
I own the M6 and M9, and I think they are very good value for money. A little on the bassy side though and not so suitable for, say classical music. I've owned the sennheiser MX500s as well, and imo the Meelec's are significantly better :)

May 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 16
Meelec is a pretty well-known company around here.  Not sure if all of them will be an "upgrade" to the MX500, but you have to keep in mind that these are IEMs, not earbuds, so they'll provide isolation unlike the earbuds.  Some of those would be worth the price you pay, some of them maybe not so much anymore...while none of them are bad, not all of them are that great, especially if you're looking to upgrade from something.

What is it you're looking for right now though?  What kind of music do you listen to?

May 30, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
Meelec is a pretty well-known company around here.  Not sure if all of them will be an "upgrade" to the MX500, but you have to keep in mind that these are IEMs, not earbuds, so they'll provide isolation unlike the earbuds.  Some of those would be worth the price you pay, some of them maybe not so much anymore...while none of them are bad, not all of them are that great, especially if you're looking to upgrade from something.

What is it you're looking for right now though?  What kind of music do you listen to?

I'm not actually buying them they just come with the cowon, I was just wondering if it's worth using them over my Sennheisers.

I actually have my eyes on a pair of Audio-Technica ATH M50s as my next actual upgrade, also I know this isn't really the right place to ask but how huge are they?

May 30, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
I'm not actually buying them they just come with the cowon, I was just wondering if it's worth using them over my Sennheisers.

I actually have my eyes on a pair of Audio-Technica ATH M50s as my next actual upgrade, also I know this isn't really the right place to ask but how huge are they?

They're not huge at all, they're meant to be portable, but of course they'll never be anywhere close to the portability of earbuds or IEMs.

But I never knew cowon came with them...do you have a choice or do they just ship a random one with it or what?  Meelectric does have a deal, I think, where you can pay $20 and they'll ship you a random one out of those...

May 30, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
They're not huge at all, they're meant to be portable, but of course they'll never be anywhere close to the portability of earbuds or IEMs.

But I never knew cowon came with them...do you have a choice or do they just ship a random one with it or what?  Meelectric does have a deal, I think, where you can pay $20 and they'll ship you a random one out of those...

They don't come with them for free exactly, you pay $14 and a random one is shipped. Although you can send them back and get your money returned.

It's a deal on amp3.com

May 30, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
They don't come with them for free exactly, you pay $14 and a random one is shipped. Although you can send them back and get your money returned.

It's a deal on amp3.com

Oh, well, it's worth a try.  If you don't like them then just send them back, no harm done.  If you want to use them on public transit or at locations where you need isolation, and no leakage to the outside (like a library, so you don't bother others) then an IEM would be ideal.

May 30, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:

It's a deal on amp3.com

I got no idea what deal you're talking about, but the one on MEElectronics page says 20 + free shipping (or 25 for p models).  Also, that website just looks phony. 

@OP, MEElectronics is a well respected brand.  Their M-series and R-series both are heavier on the bass while the Clarity-series seems to try to be on the more balanced side of things.  Same with the A-series (one pair of headphones, A151).

May 30, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #12 of 16
I believe the OP is talking about this deal. Given the odds, it seems a bit high to me, but then I do not know what they go for in the UK, so maybe not. Still, the deal tinyman392 mentioned at MEElec.com seems like a better deal sense you have better odds--though shipping to the UK might kill it.

May 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
I believe the OP is talking about this deal. Given the odds, it seems a bit high to me, but then I do not know what they go for in the UK, so maybe not. Still, the deal tinyman392 mentioned at MEElec.com seems like a better deal sense you have better odds--though shipping to the UK might kill it.

I may as well try it, if they aren't good I can just send them back

May 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 16
A151 and CC51 on sale for $50 are well worth the money. Those two are top of Mee's product line and they are not included in the deal of randomness.

As for all Mee's other offerings, I must say they will not be an upgrade from the MX500, but maybe some form of side-grades.

To be honest I thought the M6 was crap and worth it for maybe $10. But even then it's $10 wasted because you'd just be better off listening to stockbuds and MX500 and wait for you M50, or spend like $40 more for A151 or CC51. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back