How fast can you type?
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #16 of 39
i was very sloppy - will try again tomorrow when I'm not exhausted

typingspeed.png

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #19 of 39
~55wpm on QWERTY at work, must try on a layout that doesn't make my fingers sad.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #20 of 39
I got around 350 characters per minute...but doesn't anyone else find very difficult to write a collection of words without any logical correlation ? Probably that's just because i can't 100% touch type, so i had to take a glance at the keys once in a while during the test,got distracted and forgot what word came next...

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #21 of 39
typing-speedpng

Not bad for lying on my couch with the keyboard sideways...with a dislocated elbow.
wink.gif

My first try without knowing what to expect..I stopped a bunch of times thinking I was done. Might try again and edit my post.

EDIT: Tried again.

You type 479 characters per minute
You have 85 correct words and
you have 2 wrong words

85 WPM that time sitting up with keyboard on my knees where I usually have it.
smile.gif

By the way, I touch type, but I only type with two fingers on each hand; my index and middle fingers. Don't even use my thumb on the spacebar, I use my right index finger. I use my left pinky to judge where my hands are on the keyboard, by keeping it in the little space between CAPS LOCK and A. Weird eh?
tongue.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got around 350 characters per minute...but doesn't anyone else find very difficult to write a collection of words without any logical correlation ? Probably that's just because i can't 100% touch type, so i had to take a glance at the keys once in a while during the test,got distracted and forgot what word came next...

I can touch type but it was VERY hard to type it when there was no structure. VERY HARD.

I normally do 80 min, 85 max so I guess it didn't matter too much.

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can touch type but it was VERY hard to type it when there was no structure. VERY HARD.

I KNOW RIGHT? It's so much easier with full sentences and whatnot.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #28 of 39
I cut my left index finger pretty badly last night, so I could probably do better than this. I don't have a problem with the random words. For me, it's the transition between screens. While I can memorize the last couple words and look to the top left for the new words, sometimes there's a perceptible lag before it updates, especially if the previous last word was only two characters. This either throws me off rhythm or causes me to make an error.

testresults.png

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i found it hard, but I havent ever looked at a keyboard while typing in at least 15 years
wink.gif

the problem is that sometimes they will have a plural noun, followed by "is," or a singular noun followed by "are." i find myself trying to type the correct word, thus getting an error

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i found it hard, but I havent ever looked at a keyboard while typing in at least 15 years
wink.gif

the problem is that sometimes they will have a plural noun, followed by "is," or a singular noun followed by "are." i find myself trying to type the correct word, thus getting an error

It's not often the problem is you're TOO grammatically correct.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back