How do You use Yours ?
Oct 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

drenco

New Head-Fier
Well ive just had delivered today a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and am waiting on a PA2V2 Amp which should arrive any day now, upgrading from my Fiio E 5 and Grado's SR 80i i just wanted to know how and where you use your set up as i dont see many people around walking with BIG headphones on their head.

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Well ive just had delivered today a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and am waiting on a PA2V2 Amp which should arrive any day now, upgrading from my Fiio E 5 and Grado's SR 80i i just wanted to know how and where you use your set up as i dont see many people around walking with BIG headphones on their head.

Hrm,

I don't agree that it was an upgrade from the SR80i. I would actually say you stepped down a hair. But that's just my opinion.

I've seen people wearing the M50 in the street. Less so compared to Beats. And way, way less so than people like me who kayak in Denons and walk around with full size Beyers.

Use them how you want. They're headphones. Your'e able to go portable. The good thing about the M50's is that they are very portable and fairly durable, with 180 degree swivel cups (that's my favorite feature, so you can lay cups with driver facing down, when around your neck).

Very best,

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 8
I use them late at night when I can't use my sound system because I'm an insomniac or walking around in public. I prefer the sound of external speakers under "ideal" conditions.

I don't see many people in big headphones either but really -- who cares? I don't stop people to critique their weight or taste in clothing so I doubt they'll think much of my headphones. Neither M50s nor SR80s are very large anyway.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah, I use them at home too. Normally, I can't use full size speakers, but I'm ok with that, because I enjoy listening with headphones. But yeah, I never take the full size cans out of the house. I usually just grab whatever cheap ones I have to take with me.

Occasionally I see people with big headphones outside, but they're usually Beats, and sometimes I'll see Grados.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 8
Well I don't put headphones on if I'm in direct sunlight or if it's too hot outside. Sweaty earpads are no fun. So yeah, I also have them folded down around my neck.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 8
I haven't seen bigger than Ultrasone Pro900's and I've just acquired a pair, specifically to be used on my daily commute to and from work.
Using them the last few days, first day I felt a little self conscious but now I'm so immersed in enjoying the music that I just don't give a flying f....

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I haven't seen bigger than Ultrasone Pro900's and I've just acquired a pair, specifically to be used on my daily commute to and from work.
Using them the last few days, first day I felt a little self conscious but now I'm so immersed in enjoying the music that I just don't give a flying f....

Look up sony MDR-XB1000

Then pretend it never existed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back