how do you tell weaither its RS-1i
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 8
As far as I know, the button Grado RS1 did not carry over to the "i" variant, which has the thicker cable as the most obvious difference, and from what I've seen buttonless RS1/RS1i can have either the thin or thicker cable.  I'm not 100% sure, so anyone with the know, please chime in.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 8
i have a buttonless grado rs1 and i heard that not all buttonless rs-1 are rs-1i
and i also heard that rs-1i is better
so im trying to know weather my buttonless rs-1 is rs-1i or not

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Like I said, look at the thickness of the cable.  Forget about having buttons or not, the thicker cable is the most obvious indication that it's a RS1i.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Another sure fire way to identify them is to look at the rods that connect to the gimbles.  If they are round you have a RS-1i , if they are square you have an RS-1.  Enjoy them.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 8
Bottom most of this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/420092/classifying-versions-of-the-rs1-your-guide-work-in-progress#post_5612882

Also Grado went from using Mahogany to using Australian jarrah for their "i" upgraded wooden headphone's cups; though it's not clear when exactly did the change happened (basically the RS-1 could have had the jarrah before it lost its buttons)... good luck! 4 conductors cable + square gimbals is most surely a RS-1 though it's really the product tag stuck on the carton box of your headphone that decides, strangely.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Bottom most of this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/420092/classifying-versions-of-the-rs1-your-guide-work-in-progress#post_5612882

Also Grado went from using Mahogany to using Australian jarrah for their "i" upgraded wooden headphone's cups; though it's not clear when the exact change happened (RS-1 could already have the jarrah when it lost its buttons)... good luck! 4 conductors cable + square gimbals is most surely a RS-1 though it's really the product tag stuck on the carton box of your headphone that decides.

Interesting point regarding the wood change.  I was unaware of that.  You learn something new everyday.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back