How do you pronounce "Grado"
Jan 18, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When John Grado was over at the house shooting the breeze last weekend, I said: "Say John, how do you phonetically pronounce your last name?"

He said "Gray-dough".

I replied, "Are you sure? It isn't Grah-do as some of the boys back at Head-Fi have believed?"

He answered "No".

Bah! What does HE know.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy6
I'm not sure if this settles it, but I'm with him on this one. I noted a slight hint of sibilance and diminished PRaT in his answer, but I believe it to be authentic due to the overall fullness in his voice.

This is just hilarious, thanks for that! But did you check his polarity? Or is that too personal?

biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by etherealbeats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends where you come from. Here in England I can only see it being pronounced Grah-do

I've always thought of it as Grey Doe, fwiw
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by etherealbeats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends where you come from. Here in England I can only see it being pronounced Grah-do

That must be the posh people. Others here mostly seem to say Gray-doe...

Jan 19, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #37 of 44
Grr-Ah-Doh. At least thats how I pronounce it. Isn't Grado a Spanish name? Grado in Spanish means "grade".

Jan 19, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #38 of 44
Who cares!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Rant mode:

Again the same question? Guys there are hundreds of topics to discuss, to keep on asking again, and again, the same question time after time...IIRC at least there are three more threads about the pronunciation of Grado family name...IMO the best way to find out, is very simple, just give them a call, they have the phone listed on their website, John will be more than glad to let you know how to pronunce their family name....or maybe they will remind yours, if he is busy and you just interrupt him for such an silly question...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Rant mode Off....
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

I noted a slight hint of sibilance and diminished PRaT in his answer, but I believe it to be authentic due to the overall fullness in his voice.

Heh heh! Nice one, I got a big kick out of that.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #42 of 44
How's sennheiser pronounced? I normally go sen-high-zer.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #43 of 44
Ah, the good old Grado pronunciation thread, almost as customary as the venerable "How many girls are there on HeadFi?" thread j/k
wink.gif

The pronunciation is definitely "grey-doe", however I personally like how "grah-doe" rolls off the lounge a little better.

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the good old Grado pronunciation thread, almost as customary as the venerable "How many girls are there on HeadFi?" thread j/k
wink.gif

I agree. Question asked (yet again) and answered (yet again... and again... and again). So I'm going to close this thread. We can all play this game again in another 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back