How do you pick your favorite Headphone?
May 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jh7000

100+ Head-Fier
So I have gone feet first into headphones and bought, auditioned, and sold a lot of headphones in the last month. I don't claim to be an audiophile.... as I started with some HD280s, then moved to HD558 and found a huge difference... so I started reading reviews/head-fi and all of a sudden I had 15 headphones in my office. As I would listen to them and do A/B comparisons, I ended up with the following 4 headphones:

Beyerdynamic T1
Beyerdynamci T5p
Sennheiser HD 700
Audeze LCD2.2

I love each of them, and I am having a hard time picking a favorite. I can hear differences between them when I am actively doing A/B comparisons, but after the first 10 seconds of switching, I listen and just really enjoy the headphone.

Brief notes:
Audeze - love the laid back sound and nice tight bass. Not as comfortable as the others, but I can wear for several hours without discomfort.

Beyerdynamic T5p - Best closed back headphone I have heard... I will likely keep this one just to listen when in noisy environments or other environments when I don't want to disturb people.

Beyerdynamic T1 - Love it...just wish it would have a bit more tight bass like the Audeze. I also love the high end on these... I have a hard time deciding if I like the laid back Audeze or the brighter Beyerdynamics... I really like them both while listening to them....

Sennheiser HD 700 - Most comfortable - Sound great on almost all songs, but I occasionally come across some songs that just don't sound good (maybe these songs are just recorded poorly???)

So, how do each of you end up picking what you like best when you have several that you like?

May 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 7
Simple, which one I like the MOST.

May 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 7
For me when I listen to music through headphones that I like or even speakers I get a smile on my face.  Whichever ones make me that happiest those are the ones that I listen to.  Personally out of all the headphones that I have tried I like the Audeze LCD 3 and 2 the best. To me they sound so natural and that base is just intoxicating.  
beyersmile.png

May 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 7
The one that puts the biggest smile on my face, without sitting there listening and over analyzing.

May 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Maybe I need to keep looking since there is not a clear favorite. If I could get a headphone with the bass/mids of the audeze, treble and soundstage of the t1, comfort of the hd700, I would have what I was looking for!

May 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back