How Do YOU like/cook Your Ramen!
Jan 3, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #31 of 127
I usually follow the instructions then crack an egg into the water and stir. Once the noodles soak up enough flavor I drain the soup entirely. Next I place it in the refridgerator for 10min until noodles are cold and a little chewy. Lastly, I add a little soy sauce.

Do y'all drink the soup? To my understanding the soup probably is the least healthy part of ramen so I usually just drain it entirely.

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #32 of 127
I boil them for 3 minutes, throw in an egg and a few scallions and break out the kimchee.

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #33 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I boil them for 3 minutes, throw in an egg and a few scallions and break out the kimchee.

no fried spam on the side?

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #34 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do y'all drink the soup? To my understanding the soup probably is the least healthy part of ramen so I usually just drain it entirely.

Never, it is almost pure sodium! Gross. I have a friend that does, but, he is mexican, I love him.

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #35 of 127
i boil the water with the seasoning so it boils faster, then I drop in the noodles and shut off the heat, putting the lid back on the pot. I let it sit for a few minutes, while I prepare toast or some form of bread. I dip the bread into the soup while eating it, but I do so in moderation because the soup has so much sodium.

Jan 3, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #37 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in undergrad, we used to eat it uncooked, straight out of the package and sprinkling it with the flavor packet. Good with cheap beer, as well.

MEXICAN POPCORN FTW!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #38 of 127
Err, what's the difference with ramen and "instant noodles" you get here in europe and also in asia (at least in vietnam where I lived and thailand where I have traveled)? Apparently they are the same...?

If they are the same deal, then I prefer eating them:

1. Cook the water
2. Add all the spices (especially the chili if there is one) that came with
* 3. Add some chopped onion and leek, also some cabbage.
* 4. Add meat or chicken, if I could afford the luxury...
* 5. Add an egg or two
6. Turn off the cooker
7. FINALLY add the noodles/ramen.
8. Let the noodles be in hot water max. 1 min.

Phases with an asterisk are optional.

I hate it when the noodles go soft and breaks when you try to eat it, and therefore I cook them just a little. I rather eat 'em raw than overcooked. And yes, the soup must be devoured. My GF (a Finn) pours the soup away and east the soften/cooked noodles with chicken nuggets and that's just illegal, I say! You are only allowed to pour out the soup when the noodles are intended to be wok'ed.

My favourite flavour would be Mama's Duck or Shrimp Tom Yum, from local asian food store.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #39 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no fried spam on the side?

No. That would make it a meal. I only eat it as a snack, and not often at that.

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #41 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, are you guys using 'ramen' to describe real ramen (Japanese noodles) or are you guys using it to describe miàn (Chinese noodles) too?
confused.gif

I'm using it to describe the one brand I grew up eating... Sapporro Ichiban.

Jan 3, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #42 of 127
With packaged ramen, I bring a pot of water to a boil, then drop in the ramen and cook it. Once the ramen is fully cooked, I then pour the ramen out into a strainer and give it a quick rinse with cold water. Then I prepare the soup and add in the garnishes. Once the soup and garnishes are done, I pour it onto the ramen and it's done.

Jan 3, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #43 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soo almost everyone eats ramen! How do you prefer it and how do you cook it?

What is this "ramen"?
Never heard of it, and probably never tasted it either...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #44 of 127
When I was a kid we would have Cup o' Noodles with pinto beans mixed in and a few quesadillas on the side. I would eat this for lunch during summer break.

edit: with plenty of Tapatio hot sauce

Jan 3, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #45 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow

Heres how i eat them

Cook the Noodles, no spice yet
Once they are cooked strain all the water
Put them in the bowl
Add some butter
And mix the spice while stiring the noodles so they all get coated

Im surprised no one does this, the soup way is nasty.

I tried this, and it was very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back