How do I tell if Apple IEMs on eBay are legit?
Oct 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Markery

New Head-Fier
I know that some of you say you can get them for around $25 genuinely. But it doesn't seem right to me. An item that retails for $65-80 selling new for $25? How can that be done?

Like this for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Inear-In-Ear-earphone-headphone-earbuds-NEW-/120736420384?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item1c1c739220#ht_703wt_1396
Is that legitimate? The sell has good feddback and offers a 7 day money back guarantee. And since it's new I would get Apple's 1 year warranty included. But still $55 off retail for a new item? That can't be right, can it?

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 14
the easiest way is to ask the seller if it has 'manufacturer warranty'. If its fake, the seller will make up excuses like 'This is an OEM product direct from the factory' and if the seller doesn't respond at all, assume that its fake.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 14
I believe the legit ones will include nothing but the IEMs, plastic case and other tip sizes, won't be new, and will probably ship from California. I wouldn't trust the other ones, especially if they ship from China.

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 14
Old model (from what I've heard) sucks anyways (that's the model that's shown in the EBay pic.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 14
Oct 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
I know that some of you say you can get them for around $25 genuinely. But it doesn't seem right to me. An item that retails for $65-80 selling new for $25? How can that be done?

You answered your own question.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
Are those really legit? Has anyone bought from them before? $18.. That's insane. In the picture the strain relief is white, when it's suppose to be gray like the cord. But that's a stock photo, so I dunno. Should I go for those? That's an amazing steal if they're legit. But I can't understand why or how they could be.

They're used and often on Ebay for under $30 like this. This auction had run at $25 for almost a month and recently reduced to move. I obviously can't say for sure but he looks like a reliable Apple reseller. Bought replacement pair for kicks.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
They're used and often on Ebay for under $30 like this. This auction had run at $25 for almost a month and recently reduced to move. I obviously can't say for sure but he looks like a reliable Apple reseller. Bought replacement pair for kicks. 

I think I'm gonna give it a shot. It does seem legitimate, especially since there's a 7 day money back guarantee, and of the 40 he's sold all are positive feedback. 
But is there a way once I get them to confirm their legitimacy right off the bat? I'm not too much of an audiophile, I don't know how well my ears could decipher.

Oct 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
I think I'm gonna give it a shot. It does seem legitimate, especially since there's a 7 day money back guarantee, and of the 40 he's sold all are positive feedback. 
But is there a way once I get them to confirm their legitimacy right off the bat? I'm not too much of an audiophile, I don't know how well my ears could decipher.

BUMP  ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back