How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #2,311 of 3,657
And yet it is fully placebo and does nothing as measured.
Basically if you don’t change cable the IEM is unlistenable, boring.
Are you trying to convince yourself the 01 is good? It isnt that great, I tried it for 10 mins and gave it away.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #2,312 of 3,657
The BLON BL-01 is a product that takes some adjusting.

This is where I place it.

Sony IER-Z1R
Noble Audio Encore K-10
DUNU ZEN
DUNU SA6
Sony XBA-Z5
qdc Anole v3
Thieaudio L4
See Audio Yume
Sony XBA-N3
KB EAR Lark
Tripowin TC-01
BLON BL-01
BGVP DM6
Fearless S6Rui
BQEYZ Spring 2
BQEYZ BQ3
Sony XBA-100
Magaosi K5

So you see I place it pretty high up. Also don’t know if you ever did the inverse tip mod, probably not as you only spent 10 minutes with it. But the cable and tip mod do a lot!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #2,313 of 3,657
[edit] thats cool, it's an ok set, underwhelming for me and not an upgrade from the 03.

On a side note I do enjoy using my POS blon cables on the most expensive IEMs and of course hear no differences. Maybe I should try a KZ cable instead hahaha

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #2,314 of 3,657
The real one to try would be the Tripowin TC-01.

And yet it is fully placebo and does nothing as measured.

Are you trying to convince yourself the 01 is good? It isnt that great, I tried it for 10 mins and gave it away.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #2,315 of 3,657
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #2,317 of 3,657
I’ve seen all your latest reviews great work!
[edit] thats cool, it's an ok set, underwhelming for me and not an upgrade from the 03.

On a side note I do enjoy using my POS blon cables on the most expensive IEMs and of course hear no differences. Maybe I should try a KZ cable instead hahaha

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #2,319 of 3,657
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #2,321 of 3,657
Again though the Tripowin TC-01 is a lot of the same. Also your of course not alone in how you feel about the BL01.

TC-01 is better on all levels if your wanting to try a single DD. Especially since you used to like the Z5.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #2,323 of 3,657
Science has Theories.

Theory at times is not 100% proven because we don’t know 100% of what is happening. Cables are for me fairly straight forward as far as working out. Silver cables on IEM can offer more treble energy. Also pure copper is warmer but not always. Cables are pretty much accepted as changing the sound in most of all the Sony Threads. The IER-Z1R has an included cables which is fantastic. The Kimber cables for the MDR-Z1R is used by a lot of people in the MDR-Z1R thread and it makes a big difference. These are issues that most come to Head-Fi and learn to find improvement in sound. I simply understand it as it being in the fringe area of testing; that the subtle changes are not able to always be fully measured. The impedance changes brought on by different IEM cables are openly measured and provided proof of cable sound difference. Have you not seen the impedance adaptors? They will change the sound of IEMs or allow a reduction in hiss with various amps. IEM cables totally change the sound.

Truly this is important as people can fine tune their headphones or IEMs into a sound that they are more attracted to. I would really be missing out if I used the stock cable for my MDR-Z7 and MDR-Z1R. There is a multitude of corrections which take place in using the Kimber cable.

I use different cables on 18 different IEMs. At times it’s to join them with different amps but it is also to try and find the best sound possible. Though I don’t spend more than $300 on an aftermarket cable. So I’m not really a cable fanatic. Right at the moment there’s the case of the BLON BL-01, the IEM is under $30.00 and will slowly change sound as your mind get used to it. For some it is three days and for others it is two weeks, but the detail and treble change. We do not know exactly why this takes place, but it is most likely mental burn in. The “fix” is to buy a silver cable. Most of the time these $20 cables are not even silver, they are tin coated copper, but this changes the sound back to an interesting level of detail once more. This has been experienced by countless people with the BL-01. Basically if you don’t change cable the IEM is unlistenable, boring.

Most of Head-Fi believe cables change the sound.
You have a fundamental misunderstanding about how science and the scientific method works.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #2,324 of 3,657
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,325 of 3,657
Enlighten me.
Grasshopper: When you can snatch the pebble from my hand :D

I unsubscribed from this thread and now I have to do it all over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back