How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #1,276 of 3,657
You such a funny guy!If you have such understanding, maybe you can use some of your knowledge of science and electronics to explain how DACs can sound different besides just saying it's due to the use of different materials?
I agree with your response to him. I find really odd how different DACs can sound different due to material. If he used the idea that DACs can have different filters that can change some stuff sure I guess!

Let's use sony for an example too!
Screenshot_20181110-151323_Firefox.jpg

Sorry for the giant screenshot. But sony is making a claim that because this player has a Copper Gold plated chassis. It has a "unique natural, acoustic sound".

But scrolling around it is still a Digital Audio Player. Digital music, 0s and 1s do not possibly understand copper and gold to create natural acoustic sound.

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #1,278 of 3,657
Sony is putting out some killer products nowadays but they are also doing some shameful marketing. I'm really disappointed in them.

I agree with your response to him. I find really odd how different DACs can sound different due to material. If he used the idea that DACs can have different filters that can change some stuff sure I guess!

Sorry for the giant screenshot. But sony is making a claim that because this player has a Copper Gold plated chassis. It has a "unique natural, acoustic sound".

But scrolling around it is still a Digital Audio Player. Digital music, 0s and 1s do not possibly understand copper and gold to create natural acoustic sound.

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #1,279 of 3,657
To be fair, it's probably getting harder to compete in the home audio market. Every brand seems to be struggling to differentiate their product from the competition. If you took the average blu-ray player or receiver and covered up the name of the manufacturer, it would be tough to guess whether it's a Sony or a Pioneer or a Onkyo. They are all pretty much the same wine in different bottles.

Nov 10, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #1,280 of 3,657
Sony is putting out some killer products nowadays but they are also doing some shameful marketing. I'm really disappointed in them.

Actually they are telling the truth there. They are saying the "natural, acoustic sound" is being lent to people who play instruments made out of the material, not the Walkman. Kind of deceptive. Why would they even mention that otherwise? They do say that the conductivity and strength "reinforce its raw audio performance". Again, they are being truthful yet still deceptive. They are not necessarily saying strength and conductivity "increase" the audio performance. "Reinforce" can be "in addition to", which is the only thing that makes sense in this case. The conductivity helps as shielding and the strength helps in case you drop it or stack stuff on top of it.

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,282 of 3,657
Seems he likes to be an asshole on all threads - his post about being hungry for "attencion" sums this guy up perfectly.

How about the "also like my helpful posts please" - now that's just gold!!

@Elecroestatico why are you doing this?? Be a man, apologise and pull your head in.
BIG ULTRA LOL, I just decided to ignore your friend pointy fox for so cheaply trying to discredit me by only copying and pasting half sentences of the things I have said in my posts in this thread and you with your ultra elevated iq come to the brilliant idea of doing something similar to me? Hahaha I gues I'm not gonna have to explain to you why you will be ignored too from now on do I? lol do I also need to explain how half of the posts you quoted me are jokes and how the other half have been part of concversations where actually people even thank me in PM for my help? Such a sad thing you got your feelings hurt just because im telling you the truth about you not being able to perceive differences, I know it sounds personal but I cant find any other logical explanation for why many here claim they cant hear deifferences among their devices, but that is one thing and another is calling me an asshole and all, I really don't care but just like your friend who damaged his reputation and was exposed at how low his tactics were to try to discredit me, here we are again and I'm letting others decide who is getting personal and failing to keep honesty to a decent level.

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,283 of 3,657

BIG ULTRA LOL these guys hear me say that dacs sound different because the material they are made of is different and the first thing comes to their mind is that I'm talking about the case? hahaha no wonder why they feel trolled, whats next? oh no my dac 1 sounds warmer than my dac 2 because I replace the volume knob with a wooden knob? hahahaha you guys have little or 0 understanding of electronics, and btw even the case makes a difference in how well things might be grounded and how much RF can block so even that counts but thats not what I was talking about when I said materials.....sad sad world!

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,284 of 3,657
Welcome back. Can you tell me about how you conducted your test now? Do you still have the DAC you tested?

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #1,286 of 3,657
Not sure it will convince the trolls....
Anyhow thanks Ethan Winer for this Null Tester video.

Just watched that and tbh I didn’t understand most of the technical bits, he may as well have been speaking in a foreign language.

The end part of the video where he tests cheap cables with the expensive cable showing they are sonically indiscernible is very clear.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #1,287 of 3,657
Nov 11, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,288 of 3,657
You have an amazing ability to ignore the points that were made in that and other posts.

Again, do you have anything beyond your own sighted observation to support your claims, or are we simply expected to abandon essentially all current knowledge of audio reproduction and believe you simply because you made a few snarky posts on the internet? As Castle suggested and you conveniently ignored, its “put up or shut up” time.

BIG ULTRA LOL these guys hear me say that dacs sound different because the material they are made of is different and the first thing comes to their mind is that I'm talking about the case? hahaha no wonder why they feel trolled, whats next? oh no my dac 1 sounds warmer than my dac 2 because I replace the volume knob with a wooden knob? hahahaha you guys have little or 0 understanding of electronics, and btw even the case makes a difference in how well things might be grounded and how much RF can block so even that counts but thats not what I was talking about when I said materials.....sad sad world!

Perhaps you missed my previous post in your flurry of rather immature HaHas and LOLs. Time for you to post evidence supporting your claims or move on. Repeated posting in the manner you consistently have been is simply trolling in this subforum.

Do you understand what evidence is and what you should be posting to support your claims? If not, let me know and I’ll explain in detail.

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,289 of 3,657
Not sure it will convince the trolls....
Anyhow thanks Ethan Winer for this Null Tester video.

That was jaw-droppingly educational and awesome. Thank you so much for posting that.

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #1,290 of 3,657
Ethan is a very knowledgeable guy. He used to post in this forum. I learned a lot from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back