How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #3,646 of 3,657
Hey, scientists
good day
What are you discussing for 240 pages?
This scientific thread must be full of scientific evidence and psychological disorders that explain the mass illusion of us who claim to hear something that does not exist.
And some of us work for the cable industry and have a percentage of every cable sold to the members of this forum.
Still others, unable to bear the fact that they threw money at the cabal, try to deceive others.
I didn't count on the fact that scientists would read my posts from other threads and thus expose my fabrications
You should be grateful to me, you will eat my flesh for the next 1000 pages. :smiling_imp:
Then show me the measurements on how changing the cable changed the frequencies in the music. That is easy to measure. A simple null test would show the difference from before and after the cable switch as well as a frequency graph from before and after. Do it on video without any cuts so there is no messing around with eq.

Oct 29, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #3,647 of 3,657
Then show me the measurements on how changing the cable changed the frequencies in the music. That is easy to measure. A simple null test would show the difference from before and after the cable switch as well as a frequency graph from before and after. Do it on video without any cuts so there is no messing around with eq.
It's you! Hello
And when you come across my post about Furutech Nano Liquid, LOL

Oct 29, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #3,648 of 3,657
It's you! Hello
And when you come across my post about Furutech Nano Liquid, LOL
Lmao of course you aren't willing because you can't as there is no difference. It's all in your head and a placebo effect and just used to sell cables or effect to justify the purchase of cables.

Mods please come in and clean up this thread from the trolls.

Oct 29, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #3,649 of 3,657
Lmao of course you aren't willing because you can't as there is no difference. It's all in your head and a placebo effect and just used to sell cables or effect to justify the purchase of cables.

Mods please come in and clean up this thread from the trolls.
That is not polite of you, I thought that you would educate me, so that I would see my delusion, and move on purified from self-deception

Oct 29, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #3,650 of 3,657
That is not polite of you, I thought that you would educate me, so that I would see my delusion, and move on purified from self-deception
I'm not wasting my time on you as you are not interested in truth. You are only interested in trolling. You truthfully should be banned from this thread and the sound science section just as anyone who mentionens science or truth in a cable thread outside of the sound science section.

Oct 29, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #3,651 of 3,657
I'm not wasting my time on you as you are not interested in truth. You are only interested in trolling. You truthfully should be banned from this thread and the sound science section just as anyone who mentionens science or truth in a cable thread outside of the sound science section.
I'm sorry to leave you, it was a pleasure to hang out with people from science.
When I am in a dilemma about the usefulness of something, I will first consult with you on this thread, there are very few people who realistically approach this hobby, as you do.
I am an incurable case, but you could lead others out of delusion so that the light of scientific facts will spread to you on other threads.
DEATH BY CABLES :fist:

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #3,652 of 3,657
Hey, scientists
good day
What are you discussing for 240 pages?
This scientific thread must be full of scientific evidence and psychological disorders that explain the mass illusion of us who claim to hear something that does not exist.
And some of us work for the cable industry and have a percentage of every cable sold to the members of this forum.
Still others, unable to bear the fact that they threw money at the cabal, try to deceive others.
I didn't count on the fact that scientists would read my posts from other threads and thus expose my fabrications
You should be grateful to me, you will eat my flesh for the next 1000 pages. :smiling_imp:

Why so dramatic, Mr. October? “Eat your flesh” - how childish and desperate sounding.

Perhaps it’s a defense mechanism as the reality of the money you threw away on cables sinks in.

Oct 29, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #3,653 of 3,657
It is important that you investigate whether it has an effect or not, don't be guided by logic or other people's claims
Exactly, so why don’t you investigate whether it has an effect or not? Don’t be guided by what you think you’re perceiving or by other people’s claims, investigate the actual facts!
I don't imagine my claims, I hear them, if I didn't hear them, I would be in the opposite camp, while the opponent is guided by logic without any real concern for truth.
This one sentence encapsulates the fundamental issues with so many audiophile claims:

Firstly, many audiophiles do not understand the fundamental difference between hearing and perception. You do not know what you hear because the sense of hearing does not occur in your ears, it occurs in your brain. Your brain creates a perception of hearing which differs significantly from what you’re actually hearing. If it didn’t and if perception were not different from hearing then you would not be able to perceive any soundstage (the stereo effect is an illusion) and music wouldn’t exist.

Secondly, your division into “camps” is false. I have heard differences in cables and in various other comparisons/situations where in fact no differences exist. So by your criteria I should be in the camp of “cable believer” but I’m not, precisely because I have real concern for the actual truth and not just what I think I’m perceiving.
Hey people, OK believe what you want, I am 100% sure of my claims, with how much certainty can you be convinced of what you claim (without hearing test)
Further to the above, your claims are based on what you are perceiving and therefore, you cannot be 100% sure they are correct. Personal perception dictates the claims that the earth is flat, that the planets/stars rotate around the earth, that most of the time your heart isn’t beating and numerous other examples. Are you equally “100% sure” of these claims as well? Of course, no rational person believes these claims because science demonstrates/proves the truth, not our personal perceptions!

If you only want to go by your personal perceptions and don’t want to investigate the actual facts, then you are being hypocritical and you’re the one “without any real concern for truth”!

G

Oct 29, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #3,654 of 3,657
Me again
you are somehow close to my heart
Why so dramatic, Mr. October? “Eat your flesh” - how childish and desperate sounding.

Perhaps it’s a defense mechanism as the reality of the money you threw away on cables sinks in.
Mr. October?-if I write a post in November, will you call me Mr. October & November.
You scientists are such literalists, I didn't think you would really gnaw my bones, relax.
Exactly, so why don’t you investigate whether it has an effect or not? Don’t be guided by what you think you’re perceiving or by other people’s claims, investigate the actual facts!

This one sentence encapsulates the fundamental issues with so many audiophile claims:

Firstly, many audiophiles do not understand the fundamental difference between hearing and perception. You do not know what you hear because the sense of hearing does not occur in your ears, it occurs in your brain. Your brain creates a perception of hearing which differs significantly from what you’re actually hearing. If it didn’t and if perception were not different from hearing then you would not be able to perceive any soundstage (the stereo effect is an illusion) and music wouldn’t exist.

Secondly, your division into “camps” is false. I have heard differences in cables and in various other comparisons/situations where in fact no differences exist. So by your criteria I should be in the camp of “cable believer” but I’m not, precisely because I have real concern for the actual truth and not just what I think I’m perceiving.

Further to the above, your claims are based on what you are perceiving and therefore, you cannot be 100% sure they are correct. Personal perception dictates the claims that the earth is flat, that the planets/stars rotate around the earth, that most of the time your heart isn’t beating and numerous other examples. Are you equally “100% sure” of these claims as well? Of course, no rational person believes these claims because science demonstrates/proves the truth, not our personal perceptions!

If you only want to go by your personal perceptions and don’t want to investigate the actual facts, then you are being hypocritical and you’re the one “without any real concern for truth”!

G
I will reply later when I have time to read, you have written an entire novel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #3,655 of 3,657

G
Yes, so when I see a street leading to the right, I should stop and ask myself if it really leads to the right or if my eyes are deceiving me, and when someone says good morning to me, I will only continue because it is possible that I am hallucinating.
Thank you for opening my eyes
I looked at science differently, but that's only because I was in a deep illusion.
Thanks again

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #3,656 of 3,657
Me again
you are somehow close to my heart

Mr. October?-if I write a post in November, will you call me Mr. October & November.
You scientists are such literalists, I didn't think you would really gnaw my bones, relax.

I will reply later when I have time to read, you have written an entire novel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course no one took your absurd rant seriously. Just highlighting your childish attempts to avoid a factual discussion.

If anyone needed evidence that the site wide mods treat Sound Science differently, the last week certainly provides it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back