How did you find Head-Fi.org?
Apr 25, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #46 of 78
It believe it was Google search, when I was looking for a review for something. Don't remember exactly what I was searching for at the time though.

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #47 of 78
Owned: 2 triports

Broke: 2 triports

Bought: HD-600.

I had only handled them in a high end store, and knew that they at least wouldn't break. At the store they mentioned a "headphone amp" to which I replied "huh", and came home to do a google search.

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #48 of 78
I saw a deal on some SR-80s on slickdeals a while back and had no idea what they were. I read through the forum there, and saw people referring to head-fi. I just had to find out about headphones that would sound as good as people were saying and that cost that much.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #51 of 78
Altavista search result. Google wasn't a hot item back then, but I chose Google in the poll as if it represented other search engines.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Apr 26, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #53 of 78
A search on google; although I'm not sure if the search on google led me to headphone.com or headroom or headwize or head-fi or ilounge.com. Ultimately, though, this is the place I visit most of all of them.

I was searching "ipod headphone replacement" or something similar

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #55 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
How did you all initially find this Web site? Google search result? Referred from another Web site? etc....

Me, I found out about Head-Fi from SharkyForums.com. Registered on SharkyForums back in 2001, hung out for a couple years, got into audio, started asking about headphones. I saw a few members deferring to Head-Fi so I checked it out and the rest is history. So if anyone here used to post (or still posts) on SharkyForums, you are responsible!
biggrin.gif

i was searching for spices in the west indies.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #56 of 78
I had a HD565 Ovation for years. I upgraded the source and the 565 broke at about the same time. I picked the HD650 just by listening to all the ready-to-audition headphones at a major mainstream Hi-Fi store (the HD580 included). I bought it soon after that from an on-line store.

Thinking, well, this is something quite different
icon10.gif
, I went googling - and I am still here.
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 9:54 AM Post #60 of 78
I believe I was reading reviews on headphones on Amazon and a few people referred to this fine site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back