How did you find Head-Fi.org?
Apr 24, 2006 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
How did you all initially find this Web site? Google search result? Referred from another Web site? etc....

Me, I found out about Head-Fi from SharkyForums.com. Registered on SharkyForums back in 2001, hung out for a couple years, got into audio, started asking about headphones. I saw a few members deferring to Head-Fi so I checked it out and the rest is history. So if anyone here used to post (or still posts) on SharkyForums, you are responsible!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 78
Yep, Google searching for me. I was looking for a better pair of headphones for my then recently acquired Zen Xtra and after a bit of searching, there were a lot of references to Head-Fi, so I decided to take a look. Worst decision I ever made!
biggrin.gif

Aditya

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 78
Referred from another site (IGN.com)...

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 78
I was looking for information on headphone amps. After I saw what they cost,
eek.gif
, I decided to build one. Found this site, along with DIY Audio and Headwize.

Edit: Oh yeah, I found it with Google.

Apr 24, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #7 of 78
My dad's abit of a speaker guy so I sort of grew up listening to above average quality sound. Thing is, I was never ever satisfied with any of the headphones I've ever owned. When I came to university, my 4 year old sony "backband" headphone broke. I bought some sort of clip ons from an electronics store on campus but it was utter garbage. I tried to return it, but they wouldn't take it. I got real pissed and started looking for some proper stuff on the web. Back then I found cnet, headfi and headroom. Before that I never knew headphones can cost up to thousands!!

Apr 24, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 78
Google search result! I was looking for replacement earbuds for my ipod 60GB last summer; not only did i buy replacement earbuds, but a portable amp and a sik ram din to boot
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 78
Came over from the forum EOCF, which incidentally i found through aximsite. I dont really activily pursue new forums, they just kind of find me, suck my wallet dry, and send me on to the next one. PDA's->Computers->Headphones. Each time they go up in the money i spend...
-g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back