How did you damaged your hearing?
Mar 6, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #16 of 32
I think the real question here is how did the OP damage his grammar!

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #18 of 32
I think I might have damaged my ears a bit more with my recent K601 listening sessions. My ears rang even after low volume listening. I thought they just might be getting used to the sound, but apparently not. My ears now ring very easily after every listening session. Speakers or headphones, low or medium volume.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #19 of 32
My ears haven't been damaged
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #20 of 32
think i win the lamest one here. Believe i damaged my right ear while cleaning it with one of those ear cleaner stick things (not a q-tip, but those plastic/wood sticks with a small tip that resemble a spoon). Get the ringing in my right ear every now and then

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried this and I with my left ear the lowest I could hear was 7 hz and the highest around 15500 hz. With right it was 9 hz and 13300 hz.

On the low end, you might just be hearing distortion or port noise(if you're using a speaker) rather than the true fundamental note.

Mar 6, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the low end, you might just be hearing distortion or port noise(if you're using a speaker) rather than the true fundamental note.

I think you are right. I checked the technical details of my headphones and they should not go lower than 10 hz.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #25 of 32
Good thread to remind us all to be careful.

For me it was smoking. For five years I smoked. When driving on the freeway, I would crack the driver's side window to ash. Over time, the wind noise degraded my left. Now, it is -1.5db from my right.

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you damage your hearing, or how it got damaged?

Mine was pure stupidity. Riding my motorcycle on the freeway with only a half helmet and no ear plugs. Didn't take much and now I have tinnitus.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #28 of 32
Mowing three acres of land every other week for a year, while listening to crappy earbuds cranked to the max at the same time. I was 13 and didn't know better
frown.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #29 of 32
I don't know if I have hearing damage.

Like when I'm watching tv normal volume is too quiet for me, every other sound will annoy me. The tv's trafo , a chair squeking nearby, the high freqency whine from the computer, the noise of the wind blowing through the ac vent.

Yet also quite often I have to ask people what they said, although that is in a somewhat noisy environment. Everywhere else I'm fine with conversation.

So I'm not sure if I either can't hear certain things very well or I hear everything else too well that it's overbearing or maybe I just don't pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back