How come girls aren't into Spiderman?
Jun 24, 2006 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
If I'm at a party and I start talking to a chick, it can be great and casual. Then I'll bring up the topic of Spiderman and discuss it. Later, I seem kinda invisable and she moves on with her friends. I don't understand. Spiderman is an attractive male with a good physique and great personality and so naturally you would think that girls go crazy over him right?

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 83
Ah yes! You, my son have revealed to her that you like comic book characters, which, in general, women don't get. The FEXGF actually not only believes me to be a geek, but she just barely tolerates a Marvel Movie when it comes out. You can look at it this way. Keep asking the girls if they like Spidey. Keep only the ones that do
icon10.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 83
I hate it when Capt. Obvious goes on vacation...

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
If I'm at a party and I start talking to a chick, it can be great and casual. Then I'll bring up the topic of Spiderman and discuss it. Later, I seem kinda invisable and she moves on with her friends. I don't understand. Spiderman is an attractive male with a good physique and great personality and so naturally you would think that girls go crazy over him right?

Some advice mate.....if you want to get a piece, keep the comic book references in the closet, at least until you seal the deal....if you know what I mean.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 83
my girlfriend's has realized that she has to accept the life of a comic book reader in order to date me.

Pretty good deal in my opinion.

(btw, Spiderman revealed his identity in Civl War #2 recently
eek.gif
)

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 83
Quote:

My wife just read this post over my shoulder and shook her head. She highly advises avoiding the comic book references until you know the girl is blind with love. She says Batman is cooler anyways.

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 83
Quote:

Talk with a tone of nerdy passion and yes, the girls will shun you.

Next time at that party, have the same conversation with a hint of irony and humour, and you'll find the fun, creative, and arty girls will respond positively.

The same topic with delivered with humor and sophistication will offer better results.

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
gay-spiderman.gif

Look at the picture. If you still need to ask why, I can't help you.

Then I guess there really is no help for me
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 83
nvm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back